Homey Community Forum

ITEAD Sonoff

app

Yes, that’s why this forum is called “Homey Community” :slight_smile:

Ah, my bad :slight_smile:

I thought a device is optional as discussion are mainly related to the App.

Thanks anyway

The confusion may have been caused by the Homey device also supporting apps. This thread is about a Homey app, not a mobile phone app.

Hi, are you aware of this?

Enables Homekit for Sonoff Basics with original Itead firmware.

I guess it requires a live internet connection, which runs a bit counter to Homey’s philosophy, but maybe there is an easy way to port this to Homey so people have an alternative to Tasmota that would not require flashing custom firmware…

I looked at one of the older Homebridge plugins for eWeLink devices, but hadn’t seen this on yet.

Since I don’t use eWeLink myself, I’ll probably won’t use it (but all PR’s are welcome, of course!).

Hello again Robert,

I took a look at your code to see if there’s anyway I could help implement the D1 but couldn’t see how the devices are implemented. I’ve a bit of C experience & might be able to help if you could point me in the right direction.

Regards,

Leo

In short:

• driver configuration can be found in config/drivers (after changing/adding a driver, run npm run compose to create app.json from those configuration files)
  • driver implementation can be found in drivers

But to be honest, to support generic devices like the D1 (with any number and combination of sensors and input devices), the current setup is lacking.

I’m thinking about doing a complete rewrite for Tasmota-based devices, where there will be just a single driver for any Tasmota device. That driver should perform “feature sniffing” to automatically find out which sensors and input devices are connected to the Tasmota device, and build a list of Homey capabilities from that.

But that’ll have to wait until I’ve upgraded to v2.

Is it possible for the Sonoff Touch T2 & T3 or Sonoff 4CH to add an extra card, where all the 2, 3 or 4 switches turn on/off or toggle all at once ?

This makes a flow more simple, instead of adding 2 / 3 / 4cards for the same function.
I have know idea if this also save resources /memory for Homey ?

There are too many variations that a full implementation would have to consider (relay 1 and 2, relay 1 and 3, relay 1 and 4, relay 2 and 3, etc…), which means a lot of extra flow cards, which will actually mean more resource/memory usage.

You can implement this yourself though, using a virtual device, or—if you’re using the Sonoff-Tasmota firmware—by using the Interlock command.

Thank you for the suggestions !

I mean 1 card where all relays of that device are switched on or off, Not an certain combination of different relays.
Idea was when an alarm is triggered than all lights of every room in the house is switched on

Iam looking into the Interlock option of the tasmota firmware !

I understood that, but of course it’s just a matter of time for other users to start requesting a particular combination of relays to be switched :wink:

OK, thanks for the reply. I’m particularity interested in getting the ADC on the D1 working, I’ll see if I can implement it as is.

Regards,