ITEAD Sonoff

On-topic sidenote. When adding a generic Tasmota device the icon doesn’t show up in the Homey app:

Screenshot_20200119-141351

Confirm, 3 mini installed for now and 2 of them with basic tasmota and one with general

But all work perfectly thank again for this app

Hi Robert, just a feedback because I followed your recommendation to flash my Sonoff with Tasmota, it worked perfectly fine with Sonoff mini, TH16 and POWR2, great thanks to you, the only difficulty was for me to understand the “Topic” field in the MQTT setup would require a prefix “sonoff” to get it work :wink:

1 Like

@robertklep
Thanks for your hard work on this app… I was able to add my devices with your advice even though they arent supported.

well done on creating an app as universal as this

Just seen this - mentions LAN control - think we can get it working??

No ESP8266, but some other chip. So no Tasmota unfortunately

Looking for some help

I’ve just got a few sonoff out of storage and trying to set them back up.
They’ve worked with Homey before using the built in flashing option.
Now, since then I’ve changed my network, and while the same SSID and password Homey IP likely changed, so assuming this is why they aren’t connecting.

I’ve attempted reflashing with new details and very briefly get the green confirmation before homey gives me the reconnecting message (due to being on the wrong WiFi) - think this is an issue with the app since I didn’t have this issue using browser before (but obviously can’t now)

So two issues that I need help with:

1. Is it possible to access the flashing page through browser?
  2. Is there any way to find out what IP my homey had registered to the devices before - I’m not adverse to changing that. I still have the devices in Homey (apart from one)

Thanks

You can connect to the Sonoff’s WiFi network from your device, but you need to be able to make POST requests to the Sonoff device, which can be a bit of a challenge (for desktop browsers you can use something like Postman to do this, for mobile browsers I have no idea what you could use).

You can also try pairing from the developer tools page: Homey Developer Tools
That runs in a regular browser.

Perhaps, but I’m not sure, you can open http://10.10.7.1/ap in a browser while connected to the device’s WiFi-network to see if it will show its current configuration (which should include the IP-address that it should connect to).

Thanks. Will take a look

Random question, what format should the IP address be in? Its autodetecting with dashes and some .homey stuff (rather than just 192.168. etc)

I’ve actually tried all of them now but just wondering

Edit. Getting nothing from 10.10.7.1/ap :frowning:

Edit2: just noticed that there are some details on what the different flashes mean in the green text that dissipates super quick (same on developer.)
Can you share that text - I think maybe it’s struggling to connect to the WiFi even, but unsure

The address-with-dashes is incorrect, that’s Homey’s hostname and not it’s IP-address. If the hostname that is shown is of format https://A-B-C-D.athom.homeylocal.com, the IP-address that you need to enter is A.B.C.D (so only the first part of the hostname, and dots instead of dashes).

The text that’s shown is this:

Put the Sonoff device in setup mode by keeping its button depressed for about 10 seconds. In setup mode, the green light will start blinking at regular intervals.

Thanks. I’ve been using the dot version so that’s good.

It was actually the text that reads something along the lines of
“One flash means something
Two flashes means something else etc”

Ah right, that would be this:

• One flash at (about) two-second intervals means the device is trying to connect to the WiFi network.
    If this takes more than 30 seconds, it’s likely that it can’t connect to your network.
    Check the WiFi credentials and restart the procedure.

• Two flashes at two-second intervals means the device has connected to the WiFi network and is now looking to connect to Homey.

• Continuous green light: the device has successfully set up with Homey! Before continuing, wait for this. If it doesn’t happen within a few minutes, try clicking the Setup! button again.
  • Thanks
    Yeah, definitely at stage one.

Is there any way to factory reset these devices or clear all previous credentials?

What’s odd is that the WiFi network hasn’t changed…

Are they funny about 2ghz Vs 5ghz? I have both but combined…

All Sonoff/Tasmota is 2.4 GHz only. I would advise to split the network. Myself I only use the 2.4 for my smart home stuff and the 5 for laptop, phone etc.

Yeah, I was aware it’s 2.4ghz only but all my other smart devices which have that limitation work with the combined network. I was just wondering if these are more problematic in that regard?

If so, might move to Shelly where I’ve not had problems

Sonoff and Shelly use the same SoC (ESP8266). I’m not using any Sonoff devices at the moment, but do use a few other devices with that SoC and those work just fine with combined networks.

But if possible, try disabling 5Ghz and see if that works better.

Sadly there is no easy way on my router to just ‘disable’ 5ghz… I could separate the networks but that’s going to cause me a whole lot of pain

I connected a Shelly earlier today with zero issues, so it’s really odd. The sonoff is right next to the router so it’s definitely not a standard connection issue…

I’m almost certain this must be the issue tho, tho why this device has such an issue I don’t understand

Hi!

Has anyone had success with a TH10/16 with two temperature sensors?

I have connected two DS18B20 sensors and they work fine - but how can I check them through Homey? I only see one of them.

More than one sensor is not supported by the Sonoff app.

Hy everyone, sonoff has recently give the opportunity to control each device locally without flashing

Do you think it’s possible with homey?