• Wait for the api to show your Spiders and add them
  • Now control your device via Homey

Features

Current features that are implemented:

• login at the mijn.ithodaalderop.nl api
  • get the available devices
  • find the spiders
  • control the fan via Homey
  • read out and control the thermostat (temperature and operation mode) via Homey
  • refresh every 5 minutes
  • see data at insights
  • use your devices in flows (Please notes, because of the polling interval it can take up to 5 minutes before the state is updated)

TODOā€™s

features on the wishlist:

• improve widgets layout
  • add thermostat property: ā€œitho_override_end_timeā€
  • reauthenticate when token is expired
  • implemented the connected smartmeter

Version

• 0.4.0 added several flows
  • 0.3.9 applied new athom rules for donating
  • 0.3.8 fixed and added capabilities ā€œthermostat_modeā€, ā€œitho_zone_demandā€ and ā€œitho_override_modeā€
  • 0.3.0 implemented refresh functionality; fixed some bugs; Use icons of Itho
  • 0.2.2 updated images
  • 0.2.1 fixed path to spider images
  • 0.2.0 added support for spider thermostat
  • 0.1.1 fixed some app metadata
  • 0.1.0 initial release to control itho fan

Final note

The repository can be found at: https://github.com/lvanderree/com.synplyworks.spider

If you like the app, consider a donation to support development :beer:

6 Likes

Very nice to see there is finally an Itho app available for Homey. Many many thanks!

Is it correct that you only can view the current and programmed temperature within the Homey app (not controlling)? Through flows I can set it on a specific temperature, so that is working correctly.

Your welcome and thanks for the feedback.

Currently you should be able to both see and control your fan speed and thermostat temperature, from the device widget.

In the next version I will add more flow features (triggers, conditions and actions) and later on improve widgets.

When you can control the temperature in a flow, you should also be able to control it via the widget,since it is done by the same code. Can you maybe send me a diagnose, via the app settings screen.

1 Like

Done! 0609b7ea-f564-4a89-8943-f57d9214337a is the ID of the export.

EDIT: Ignore my comment about unable to control temperature. Finally find out the finger gestures to control the temperature. Awesome!

0.4.0 is on its way, waiting to be approved by athom, adding more flows, and fixing some bugs.

Please let me know how the app is used, what is(nā€™t) working, and what is missing.

1 Like

If I have a spider gateaway then can I use it with homey to control my ventilation?

Donā€™t have the thermostat

Not with my current implementation, since I donā€™t know how you can connect a fan directly to the gateway.

Connection 6 is without rf, but if that is possible then you probably have the fan as a separate device in the response from the gateway api.

Maybe we can try to debug your setup, to see if that I can find the fan at yours, but for this you should run a nodejs app, or I have to create a separate homey app for you that can send me some info.

Just played a little bit more with the app. I have even more functions than with the native spider thermostat or the gateway webapp. Now I am able to set the Fan on Boost modus (this modus makes the fan working in the kitchen). Before this was only possible with the physical remote in the kitchen.

Very happy!

Works perfectly! Iā€™ve been hoping someone would connect Homey to the Itho Spider for a long time. Thank you very much and keep up the good work!

In my own setup the smart energy meter is also connected to the Itho gateway, do you also have this? And would it be possible to connect this to Homey to get the energy readings visible via Homey as well?

I have it as well, and am planning to add it too, which should be possible, since you can see it at mijn.ithodaalderop.nl as well.

However it will be somewhat harder than integrating the fan and thermostat, since I have to figure out how to read/process/present an aggregated result, since I can only poll (every 5 minutes). Getting the current usage will probably be worthless (lucky shots).

1 Like

Will it work with my itho cve-s optima ?

You tell me. But wen you have a spider + gateway and can control it via the mijn.ithodaalderop.nl website it should be possible.

Iā€™m sorry, Iā€™m kinda new to this. Bought my first Homey yesterday :wink:

When I search ā€œspiderā€ or ā€œithoā€ on https://homey.app/nl-nl/apps/ I cannot find the app. Am I missing something?

Iā€™d love to try the app :slight_smile:

Unfortunately the app is still only available as beta or test version, but if l donā€™t know how to get there either anymore. I think the app is pretty ok at the moment, but athom changed some rules and rejected my submission because of some styling issues that I still need to resolve.

ā€˜ā€™ā€™
Unfortunately, your app has not passed the certification process, due to the following:

ā€” Your appā€™s images are unsharp. Please make sure to include high-resolution images of 500px by 350px and 250px by 175px.

ā€” Your appā€™s readme contains a changelog. Please use the provided changelog functionality of the Homey App Store.

ā€” Your appā€™s readme contains URLs that should only be present in your appā€™s JSON. For example, these can be issue, support or homepage URLs.
ā€˜ā€™ā€™
You can build it yourself, or maybe someone else know where to find the test version after athom changed things. Iā€™ll try to fix the issues maybe this weekend and resubmit

That would be wonderful, hope you found time to do this :slight_smile:
In the meantime Iā€™ll check if I can find info on how to build apps myself.

Iā€™ve just submitted version 0.4.2 in which I fixed the issues, as far as possible, so lets hope they didnā€™t introduce some new rules again, or find something new (that isnā€™t there. I checked my images, but they are all compliant to their specifications)ā€¦

I understand that they want to have some sort of minimum quality, but I find it a bit annoying to fix issues that where no issue before.

This time the app is approved!

Great! Iā€™m gonna give it a try right away. Thx!

Thanks! Works great.
Canā€™t wait until there is a connection with the smartmeter.

Hi, What type of gateway do i need? The one with usb communication module ?

Thanks