Kitchen light goes of

The flows are correct.
What is the setting of the motion detector, how long is the alarm active after it detects motion. Especially in the kitchen you could sit still for some time, so I would increase this setting to a good amount of minutes.

I would increase the time of the countdown timer to 60-120 seconds, no need to refire this flow so often in my opinion.

I was just using this timer settings for test-reasons. We dont have a table in the kitchen, so we are only there to “work”.

These are the available settings for the motion detector:

But was I correct on how the flow work? Every motion alarm should restart the timer, yes?

I am not familiar with this motion sensor. It is one of the 2nd and 3th settings. I would go for at least 5 minutes or 3000 ms of time in which the alarm stays on after motion detection.

The flows look correct.

No not every motion will fire the first flow, as long as the sensor stays in alarm mode it will not fire the first flow. So if you keep moving the sensor will stay in alarm mode and the first flow is not started. In this case the second flow keeps starting after the countdown is finished, checks the sensor for alarm and if not it will stop the light.

It is:

When motion goes on AND lights are off THEN turn lights on ELSE stop timer
WHEN motion goes off THEN start timer
WHEN timer is empty THEN turn of the lights

grtz

Deleted to clean discussion

you are right I forgot the ELSE in the 1st flow

edited that one

I’ am feeling a bit stupit but, about what timer are you talking?

https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.bevlogenheid.countdown

Now this indeed will also work, but it’s 3 flows instead of 2.
What would be the advantage of this solution?

It’s not stupid. Just a matter of not reading the topic from the start but just the last 3 messages. This link is given in the 2nd post of this very topic.

That not each time when the motion is triggered the lights turn on when they are already on:roll_eyes:

Is not verry logical.

My sensor have no “Motion goes off/on”, its only Motion alarm is on, or its off.So I cant use some of these setups.

But it seems to me that there is nothing that will restart the timer here. The timer has to reach zero before its can be started, and thats only if the motion alarm is on, but what if the motion alarm isnt on at that time exactly?

Is there no way to restart the timer?

I dont get that option, I only get this one:

Yes

Yes, same app… these are the options I get: