[APP][Pro] Kodi [2.6.0]

Hi @Martijn

1. If you want to return to a state, you should figure out a way to save that state before dimming it to 10%. I configured my living room to use scenes. So I have ‘movie scene’ and a ‘normal scene’, that in their turn dim the lights to their appropriate dim values. The only thing Kodi does, is it switches between scenes on play/pause. Hint: store that current scene in a textual variable and build a flow that triggers on ‘A variable has changed’.

2. The music section is a bit of an underdeveloped section at the moment. The app does however have support for party mode, which allows you to play smart playlist that should be able to dynamically play your blues. Have a look at https://kodi.wiki/view/Party_Mode.

Let me know how you go!
Cheers

@Marvin_Schenkel thanks a lot! I have partymode active and that does the job indeed. And randomizes the tracks. All good. But what could be a workaround to achieve this with other music, like jazz or rock…

Tonight I will try the scenes you mentioned, very nice.
Thanks,

Martijn

Today i updated kodi to 2.3.0 but it crashes constantly.

I send a report to the developer.

Not i am running last 1.5x version homey, NOT 2.x!

/drivers/kodiDevice.js:30
this.artworkImage.setUrl(null)
^

TypeError: this.artworkImage.setUrl is not a function
at KodiDevice.onInit (/drivers/kodiDevice.js:30:27)
at KodiDevice.__onInit (/opt/homey-client/system/manager/ManagerApps/bootstrap/sdk/v2/lib/Device.js:1:1605)
at emitNone (events.js:106:13)
at KodiDevice.emit (events.js:208:7)
at ready (/opt/homey-client/system/manager/ManagerApps/bootstrap/sdk/v2/lib/Driver.js:1:2272)
at KodiDriver.ready (/opt/homey-client/system/manager/ManagerApps/bootstrap/sdk/v2/lib/Driver.js:1:3378)
at KodiDevice.r.on.on.on.once.e (/opt/homey-client/system/manager/ManagerApps/bootstrap/sdk/v2/lib/Driver.js:1:2259)
at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:315:30)
at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
at KodiDevice.emit (events.js:211:7)

Exit code: 1
Exit signal: null

The latest update requires homey v2.0, please update your Homey :slight_smile:

In that case, you should change "compatibility": ">=1.5.0" in app.json.

Right now, it’s being installed on Homey’s running v1.5 because the app says it’s compatible.

Yeah that was my bad :slight_smile:

@Marvin_Schenkel,

I have the same problem like @B3rt, Homey and your app is with the latest Firmware. Kodi is installed on Intel nuc with windows 10.

@Marvin_Schenkel
No i don’t want to update my Homey as long there is not a desktop app for Homey for managing my flows i stay on 1.5

So how to fix this, can i download the old version which works with Homey 1.5?

1 Like

Januari 2019 version:

and install through CLI :slight_smile:

@Marvin_Schenkel, Hi

Where can i download the old version and how do i install this?
Never done this besides installing directly frm the app store

see my reply two posts up…

Yes thx i read that, but there is no version listed (looking for the last version for homey 1.5), not sure if this is the correct one and also no instruction how to install it.
You did say through CLI, but i have no idea what that means or how to do that… :frowning:

hit the search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=homey+install+through+cli
https://community.homey.app/search?q=homey%20install%20through%20cli

when can we expect a fix so it will be updated automaticly to the correct version?

It is caused by a bug of the app itself, so i hope there will be an update available that will fix this bug without to do anything manually

i gave it a try but i cannot install/update it…

I did a login first athom login, got redirected by browser to login into homey and did login and got message i could close the window and then gave the install command.

In C:\Users\r\Downloads\HomeyKodi-master\HomeyKodi-master is see the following:
C:\Users\r\Downloads\HomeyKodi-master\HomeyKodi-master>ls
README.md
assets
lib
node_modules
app.json
drivers
locales
package.json

I get an error:
C:\Users\r\Downloads\HomeyKodi-master\HomeyKodi-master>athom project --run
athom.js

Commands:
athom.js app App related commands
athom.js homey Homey related commands
athom.js ledring LED ring related commands
athom.js login Log in with an Athom Account
athom.js logout Log out the current user

Options:
–version Show version number [boolean]
–help Show help [boolean]

Unknown arguments: run, project

I did a login first athom login, got redirected by browser to login into homey and did login and got message i could close the window and then gave the install command.

so then it’s most logical to use athom app run ?

agreed and triwd that, but gives exactly the same output error

C:\Users\r\Downloads\HomeyKodi-master\HomeyKodi-master>athom project --run
athom.js

Commands:
athom.js app App related commands
athom.js homey Homey related commands
athom.js ledring LED ring related commands
athom.js login Log in with an Athom Account
athom.js logout Log out the current user

Options:
–version Show version number [boolean]
–help Show help [boolean]

Unknown arguments: run, project

C:\Users\r\Downloads\HomeyKodi-master\HomeyKodi-master>

Try it exactly as it has been typed,

athom app run

Yeah I know what is up here, the app crashes when you try to perform an action (e.g. pause kodi) when kodi is offline. I thought I had fixed this, but will need to update the app to prevent this from happening… Stay tuned :slight_smile: