Kodi support for Homey
This is the official thread to discuss the features and functionality of the Kodi app for Homey.
To install this app on your Homey, go to the app store and download the app. Navigate to your Homey and go to Devices > Add devices and add a new Kodi device to your Homey by following the instructions there.
Please check the FAQ in this post if you have any issues connecting to your Kodi instance before posting in this thread. Information about the currently supported features can be found in the description in the app store.
Current stable version: 2.2.1
- Added support for Homey v2
- Added integration with the mobile app for v2
- Fixed a bug where the app would crash on flow actions after kodi had lost connection to Homey
- Added support for Kodi v18
Complete rewrite to SDK2
Added flow action ‘Start addon’
Add flow condition ‘Kodi is playing movie/episode/music/anything’
New automatic pairing process using zeroconf. This should make it easier for everyone to add Kodi devices :). Make sure this is enabled in Settings / Services / General
Removed speech since there are a lot of collisions with internal Homey commands. Waiting for Athom to improve the speech interface.
Added trigger ‘On screensaver activated’
Added trigger ‘On screensaver deactivated’
Added trigger ‘On video library scan finished’
Added trigger ‘On audio library scan finished’
Added action ‘Send a notification to Kodi’
Added action ‘Scan video library’
Added action ‘Scan audio library’
- Fixed triggers issues with ‘movie starts’ and ‘tv show starts’
- Added support for multiple devices
- Fixed a bug where the app wouldn’t reconnect after connection loss
- Talkback is now done via the used media (e.g. mobile, facebook messenger or Homey itself) instead of always Homey. For example, you can now ask Homey via facebook messenger if there are new movies in your library (‘any new movies?’)
- Added flow action ‘Subtitle on’
- Added flow action ‘Subtitle off’
- Added flow action ‘Set party mode on’
- Added flow action ‘Set volume’
- Added flow trigger ‘When a song starts playing’
- Added flow trigger ‘When Homey reconnects to Kodi’
Added flow action ‘Mute Kodi’
Added flow action ‘Unmute Kodi’
The generic stop event now also gets triggered along with ‘move stopped’ and ‘episode stopped’ when a movie or episode ends
- Added flow trigger ‘if anything starts playing’
- Added flow action ‘play music by artist xx’
- Homey now responds to question “Any new movies?” (Zijn er nieuwe films?)
- Homey now responds to question “Any new episodes?”) (Zijn er nieuwe afleveringen?)
The number of days to consider a movie/episode as new can be configured through the app settings. Default value is 7, which means that every movie / episode that has been added in the past 7 days will be mentioned when you ask Homey about new movies / episodes.
- Fixes for firmware 0.9.1
Added OnMovieStop trigger
Added OnEpisodeStop trigger
Added auto reconnect on init (after homey boots)
- Fixed a bug where flows wouldn’t trigger on FW 0.8.39
- Added log viewer to the settings page
- Added add-on support (start add-ons through “start addon xxxxx”)
- Fixed flow triggers for movie started by addons (e.g. exodus). Note that episodes cannot be distinguished when played by Exodus. Exodus thinks it’s a movie.
- Fixed a bug where the ‘play latest episode’ action card didn’t work
Renamed app to ‘Kodi’
Added trigger-card/action-card/speech for Shutdown/Hibernate/Reboot:
Added commands: “Shutdown Kodi”, “Reboot Kodi”, “Hibernate Kodi”
Added trigger-card for WakeUp (experimental)
Added action-card for ‘Play latest episode’
Fixed a bug where app would crash on connection loss
Fixed a bug where ‘play latest episode’ didn’t work in Dutch
Added a couple of fallbacks for speech ‘play latest episode’ (Homey asks for the name of the series if it can’t find the one you’re looking for) and ‘watch a movie’. Try “I wanna watch a movie”.
- Added auto-reconnect functionality when Kodi has been disconnected from the network (reboot / sleep).
- Version bump for reupload to the appstore
Changed way of connecting to support triggering on Kodi events. Homey flows are now triggered when you pause Kodi through your remote or any other remote app. You have to re-add your device (sorry guys)
Added Dutch support
Fixed a bug where triggers did not get fired on firmware 0.8.27+
Fixed a bug where HomeyKodi would crash if there weren’t any movies / music / tv shows in your library and you requested playback
Fixed a bug where HomeyKodi would crash if you told Kodi to ‘stop’, ‘next track’ or ‘previous track’ when there wasn’t anything playing
- Initial release
Future features (will be added in a later version). Italic features are low priority / hard to implement
- A tag to the ‘stop’ trigger that contains the title of the item that was stopped
- Mobile card to see what’s currently playing (hard to map this on Athom’s view of drivers / capabilities.)
Q: I am getting the following error when I am trying to add a Kodi device: Error: unexpected server response (200)
A: Make sure you have configured your HTTP port differently than your TCP port. Homey uses TCP (default port 9090) to connect to Kodi. Homey can’t connect if you configure the HTTP port to be the same as the TCP port. This might be a bit confusing because only the HTTP port is configurable through the user interface. I’d recommend leaving the HTTP port to the default value of 8080. Then, when trying to connect from Homey, use 9090 as a port number.
Huge thanks to the people who have already donated:
NOTE: Please keep this thread clean and on-topic. This thread is meant for support and ideas for the Kodi app. Also, please don’t ask for any ETA’s. I will update this thread whenever there’s progress to report!