Latest update 7.1.4 position homey

No, when I try to move it to the right location, the automatic location discovery is switched off. When I enable this, the app is switching to the wrong location again.

Leave it disabled. That works best for me.

2 Likes

A week is OK for me as “updates recently”
Was this the first day at the office?
Have you checked your presence the last let say 10 times you left and came home?

Have you reported it to Athom Support?

But is this topic about presence?

Or about the Location of Homey?

If the location of Homey is not correct, you should fix that by positioning Homey’s location on the map.
If you want to test Presence you have to drive to near the location of Homey (10 km away)

Homey’s Location detection is on an Geo IP database (or SSIDs) from a service provider.
Looks like another issue and can be fixed by manually moving Homeys location on the map. (and leave automatic location detection for Homey Pro disabled!)

2 Likes

Every day when I leave or arrive home I get a notification and flows will be triggered.

This worked fine all days until from today onwards.
Since today I discovered that my current location is approximately 10km away from my home.

The app says: Welcome Home
When I click on my picture in the app: Home is not checked and Awake is checked.

I have tested to switch auto discovery off for location and put it on the right location. This does not solve the problem. The app still thinks I am not home.

Same as me about 9km away! Disabled the position and set it up manually, but same problem.

So probably the Geo IP database (or SSIDs) from a service provider is off…
I have seen my Laptop once reporting my location, jumping from Barcelona, to Tokyo, Las Vegas. 5 times around the world in less than a hour.

Great technology but not at an Microsoft of other Tech company seminar traveling around the world the complete circus.

Pretty sure the issue Homey was plot on a wrong location on earth was an result from a “Positioning” database update … And the Presence issue was an result of that incorrect location.

You will probably have to trigger a geofence event first.

If there is a database ip issue, there should be a difference between Wifi and 4G. This not the case. On both Wifi and 4G the Homey app is showing my home approximately 10km away.

When auto discovery of the location is off and I relocated the position, then it worked and the app thinks I am home.

Confusing.
But take the dog for a walk and see if something changes.

2 Likes

Have you ever seen something else here:

This is the way Athom wants you to feel home, even when like this Homey (Bridge) is now is 7886 KM away from me :rofl:

Sorry, It worked after restarting the app and switching off the auto discovery.

I was not aware that I need to restart the Homey app.

Homey has no 4G, it checks IP address or SSIDs seen in an online DB. (if Auto detect location is on)

Edit: Homey Checks its own External Internet IP address and/or SSIDs seen in an online DB.
(if Auto detect location is on)

Yes I know but I will have a different ip address on 4G iso using my Wifi at home.

The gps on ur phone doesn’t give a sh*t about ur IPaddress.

1 Like

In the mean time I checked other apps on my iPhone using GPS:

• Tado
  • Hue
  • Weather Pro
  • Volvo
  • Apple Maps
  • TomTom
  • Scenic
  • Etc.

All apps working with the correct location except the Homey app shows a difference location of approximately 10km from my home.

But for now I leave the auto discover option off. Tomorrow I will check if it works when I leave home.

Homey Pro self doesn’t use the GPS of your phone to know where she is…
But Now you switched auto discovery off she knows that she is on the place you put the map below the Pin :triangular_flag_on_post:

(Ive also posted this below in the other discussion)

“ Sorry I haven’t followed the whole thread incase anyone has already mentioned this.

I’ve had intermittent issues. One thing I have observed is when ever it’s lost track of my position/location , or it doesn’t register that I left my house is if I restart the Homey APP on my iPhone the the system will then update and recognise where I am… “

What you described happend also to me until yesterday. Form now on it does not matter if you restart the app. The Homey app does not know where I am anymore.
I have the feeling this is a bug in the App linked to iOS15 and the last firmware update.

It’s funny you mention that.

Since my last post earlier today its now not working for me at all. Even when I restart the Homey App.

I went into my Homey Pro’s settings just then and noticed that “Enable Home/Away detection “ had been switched off. ??

I re-enabled it. It now works again.

The only thing I did today was go into the IOS sub-settings for the Homey APP on my iPhone and disable and re-enable background app refresh , and the “always” setting for the location service of the app.

On my iPhone "Enable Home/Away Detection is on.
I had to switch off: “Find Homey’s location automatically” because Homey thinks that it is almost 10km away.
I have still no idea what causes this problem. Did some tests with other iPhones and iPad’s but the same result. :sweat_smile: