LG WebOS better integration

It’s just a very easy flow, but this checks the app name, but reports something else back.

I just checked the source code (haven’t looked at it in a while). It is giving you the app-id as a token instead of the name since I don’t have the app name available on the change trigger. Therefor, I choose to just set the token to app-id.

Ok, fair enough and as I thought. I doesn’t really bother me here, as I have already checked it in the “when” part. I just thought it might be interesting, in case it was just an omition :slight_smile:

And to answer your first question. Yes the projected is still maintained, however, most of my off time currently goes to the Homey Community Store as I am fully rewriting the frontend and backend there. It’s all a one-man gig so it might take a while before I can re-shift my focus back on the WebOS app.

1 Like

Mmmmm… turning on the TV with the app doesn’t work for me anymore. But neither does it turn on when trying with the native app on my iphone (LG TinQ). What could this be? No wireless, only wired, no vlan, no fw rules… weird… it used to work! (now I just sound like a HomeyBridge user :wink: ). Turning off and changing channels does work with the app if turned on by remote.

I think this setting should be enabled.
It still works overhere!

@Martijn_Hoogenbosch That could indeed fix it… else I would say LG broke something again :cry:

@MaxvandeLaar I just wanted to say that this app is awesome! Great work! TV turns on as expected (latest OS update for at 65NANO926PB), and the app start is amazingly much quicker than waiting for the app menu on the TV to start. Much love for this app <3

1 Like

Feature request: When playing a tv show, only the name of the episode is available to use in flow cards. Would it be possible to either get the name of the show in a variable, or have the current variable presented as “[Show name]: [Episode name]”?

Hi @Tiwas glad that you are enjoying the app! I am unsure if the feature request is possible. If you are playing a show inside an app (e.g. Netflix, YouTube, Prime) the TV does not know what you are doing inside the app. If this is not the case, please let me know.

If, by chance, you can program a bit, you are free to make PR’s and help improve it further :slight_smile:

Sorry, I wasn’t clear…I was thinking mainly for the Plex application, where episode is just the episode name. I’m not much of a coder as such…

I think I"ve found a bug. It seems that if I turn the tv off while playing something in Plex, the “tv on” and “tv off” will fire 3 times after one another. Anyone else seen this? If I stop the media first it doesn’t happen.

Quick update. I was watching a tv episode on Plex today when two flows fired in the middle of the show. Turns out the “tv turned off” and then “tv turned on” were triggered. The tv is a 65nano926pb.

@Tiwas

Sorry, I wasn’t clear…I was thinking mainly for the Plex application, where episode is just the episode name. I’m not much of a coder as such…

Unsure if that is possible in the WebOS Plus app.

I think I"ve found a bug. It seems that if I turn the tv off while playing something in Plex, the “tv on” and “tv off” will fire 3 times after one another. Anyone else seen this? If I stop the media first it doesn’t happen.

Can you post a screenshot of the TV settings in the WebOS plus app. Or send it in a DM :wink:

Please check your messages. Tell me if you need anything else :slight_smile:

1 Like

I"m still having issues with the on/off thing. Seems it only happens if I"m using an app. Anyone else experienced this?

Hi,

I use the app only to turn off the TV and lately it works in 50% of the cases. While previously it was 100%.

The flow is simple and runs successfully.

Any idea how to debug and find out what the problem is?

Still works fine here.
With the NetScan app, you can create a device which can monitor your LG IP address.
This way you can find out if the connection is the culprit or not.

1 Like

Hi!
Little bit late response, but I just bought myself al OLED65G1 and have the same problem (sometimes).
During watching the TV suddenly switches off… Looking in Homey WHY I can see it was done bij LG Webos application.

I restarted the Homey app and the problem was over, but it happend again for 2 or 3 times…

That is definitely a first for me to be honest. The App should not send a shutdown command if the TV is still detected as off. I am not familiar with that model and please note I cannot test this app on WebOS 6+. Maybe you can change the on/off detection mechanism to polling instead of the app relying on the TV itself?