[App][Cloud & Pro]LinkTap App (Release 1.0.24)

Hey its me again…

The App is running but I can not use the instant mode. During testing the linktap in the beginning it was funktional… after connecting the linktap to my watersystem this mode is no longer available… (perhaps just a coincidence)
I changed the figures on the advanced settings as mentioned above… but still the same [invalid_capability]

What’s the fault? Can anyone help me?

Where do you see the [invalid_capability]?
Do you have a G1 or G2?
Can you send me logs from the Apps - LinkTap - Configure App screen and also the Create Diagnostics Report in the app settings screen.

Can you check in LinkTap App (original app, not Homey app), if your valve is connected to your Linktap hub? Perhaps it’s out of range after installation.

The linktap is well connected to the hub. I’m using the original linktap app for watering at the moment

Im using the G1s Modell. Any other mode seems to be working (at least not massages so far) but are not fully tested yet.

:9.838:
onDeviceStatusPoll (A03C6822004B1200) error: HTTPS Error - 400
Error: HTTPS Error - 400
at IncomingMessage. (/app.js:218:36)
at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:323:22)
at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1204:12)
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:84:21)

This is the last part of the diagnostic report… Or do you need the whole report?

OK, as it is a G1 then it’s possible that I have removed too many capabilities by mistake, as the G1 doesn’t report some of the parameters. As I only have G2’s I was unable to fully test the G1.

On the tab where you see the log, there is the Send Log button. Can you tap on that as it will send the full log directly to me.

Also, by tapping on the Create Diagnostics Report option in the standard App settings, I will get a debug log via Athom.

Both of those would be useful to find out which capability is missing and why you are getting the error 400 (which means the call was invalid).

Strange but unfortunately I can not send a report on this way… I can copy paste it in here… is this helpful?

Or probably this is working for the report

I have posted a new test version, could you try that for me?

I tried the experimental version but it seems to be worse (at least in my situation)

The linktap can be installed in Homey but is now not usable at all (see pictures)

It is very strange… Is a hard reset (delete the linktap from the hub and so on) maybe the solution…!??

Have you tried to remove them from Homey and add them back in?

Edit:
Also, could you try sending the log from the App Configuration page again. Make sure the log is enabled and then restart the app, wait for a few minutes and then send the log.

I deleted the app and reinstalled everything. Now it is pretty much the same than on the old version. It seem to be a little bit better, means that the failure massage ist still there but appears later.
The log looks better as well… but still no funktion to the linktap over homey… When I start a watering cycle, the linktap in Homey changed in the on position. That wasn’t the case in the older version!!!

Code for the log

539c46eb-5e90-4ed1-9245-7a17e2b47682

I sent also the log over the app conf. page as well. This time it worked

OK, from the log I can see the following:

* 13:16:42.092: 
updateDeviceValues (A03C6822004B1200) response: {
  "taplinkerName": "TapLinker",
  "taplinkerId": "A03C6822004B1200",
  "status": "Connected",
  "location": "Not specified",
  "version": "T0300022103060754SE",
  "batteryStatus": "100%",
  "workMode": "T",
  "plan": {
    "name": "Test",
    "ecoOffS": 0,
    "ecoOnS": 0,
    "ecoOff": 1,
    "ecoOn": 5,
    "eco": true,
    "Su": [],
    "Sa": [],
    "Fr": [],
    "Th": [],
    "We": [
      {
        "H": 8,
        "M": 0,
        "D": 30,
        "S": 0
      }
    ],
    "Tu": [],
    "Mo": []
  },
  "watering": null,
  "signal": 54
}

The above is showing you have set up 7 day mode to water on Wednesday at 8am for 30 minutes.

* 13:17:3.418: 
POST to: activateOddEvenMode
{
  "gatewayId": "F83F6822004B1200",
  "taplinkerId": "A03C6822004B1200"
}

* 13:17:3.968: 
HTTPS Error: 400

The above error here is because there is no schedule setup for the Odd Even Mode.

* 13:17:5.091: 
POST to: activateIntervalMode
{
  "taplinkerId": "A03C6822004B1200"
}

* 13:17:5.646: 

The same goes for the above error in the log, there is no Interval Mode setup in Linktap.

* 13:18:44.599: 
onDeviceStatusPoll (A03C6822004B1200) response: {
  "result": "ok",
  "status": {
    "onDuration": "1",
    "total": "1",
    "totalSec": "0",
    "onStamp": "1619702302116",
    "ecoTotal": "1",
    "ecoOn": "1",
    "ecoOff": "1"
  }
}

* 13:18:58.975: 
POST to: activateInstantMode
{
  "taplinkerId": "A03C6822004B1200",
  "action": false,
  "duration": 1
}

The above is showing the watering had started and then had been canceled.

After that the app is just polling but there is nothing to see.
So it looks like everything is working. If you turn on the On / Off button then the valve should activate within a minute or two using the settings defined in the Advanced Setting page.

Let me know if you are still seeing some other problem that is not showing up in the log.

That is still the problem… If you use the On / Off button you just get the massage [invalid_capability] and nothing else is happening.

On the next page you can not choose the instant mode as well… You get the massage [invalid_capability] and it jumps to the next mode…

I just configured the 7 day mode for testing purposes…but I had no time to test it in Homey yet.

For my needs I would only prefer the instant mode in Homey

Maybe the reason is the G1 model… but it is very strange that in the beginning it worked perfectly and now such problems without any changes.

That is very confusing and disappointing

I will go through the code again and look for capabilities that are not available on the G1 to try and find one that I have missed.

I have pushed another test version. Hopefully I have found the offending missing capability and arrested it.
It was indeed a G2 only value for the water volume that I was setting.

You did it !!!

Now it seems to be working fine. The respond is immediately and without any delay!

My deepest respect!!! There are not many designers/developers like you who are that quick and interested in solving problems which are not so popular…

I will have a deeper check of the other functions tomorrow…

I keep you informed. Many thanks so far!

1 Like

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for creating this App! I’ve just installed my gateway and G2, and now looking to integrate it with my homey. Unfortunately I’m getting stuck right away with an https - 400 error after setting up the app with my username and API:

• 7:26:1.356:
    POST to: getAllDevices
    {}

• 7:26:2.005:

Not sure what I’m doing wrong, copying and pasting the key should work, right?

Yes, copy and paste is the best way.

Thanks, I used my email address, but should have used my username . It’s working now!

1 Like