[HowTo] Location and Presence (Owntracks)

Thx,

Much obliged

I’ll get to it next week I hope.

And does it work now ?

haven’t gotten to it, been busy programming all my stuff (devices, logica and flows) in my new Homey-Pro. (there is no backup & restore app)

the Homey built-in location and presence function works perfectly on Homey Pro so I don’t really need Owntracks and a Mqtt-broker anymore… Life is simple again :slight_smile:

Give me advice. I create a token on Homey app Location and Presence. Add to Owntracks. But in the log I see errors. Token is not found. What I do wrong?

I don’t use a token with Location and Presence as I use a private MQTT Server instance.

So I can not help you with any support on this.

Where do I find Athom Cloud ID?

In the Homey app? Settings -> general?

Thanks! I have a Iphone and in my Owntracks app I get a 401 error. I don’t have Preferences/Configuration and edit in my app. Just “i” and settings.

What am I missing out on?

With Homey app i mean the general app from Athom. There you can find the CloudID. That ID should be used in the URL you should enter in the owntracks app on your phone

Yes I got that, but in the Owntracks I get a 401 error.

My setup:

Try disabeling authentication!

Yup authentication should be disabled. Authentication is done with the token you generate in the location & presence app on homey.

The authentication is useless because you connect to the athom cloud and the cloud just relays your request to your homey based on the cloudid.

HTTP authentication is not enabled and if used / enabled it will cause problems.

@Matsaki it says in the first post :slight_smile:

So I turn Authentication off? My Owntracks then say “ide”. Does that mean that Owntracks is running correct?

(Your help is very appreciated)

If it says “idle” - yes, then you are connected.

It seems to me like Owntracks works in Location and Presence, but the Geofences is not working?

How did you create your geofences?
You should create them in the own tracks app on your phone. The fences should be created automatically then in the location & presence app on Homey (including lon/lat/radius)

As I told you on FB, you have to set a radius to your geofence!!

Hi PO. Nice to see you here too. :slight_smile: I have the default radius of 150 meters set in Location and Presence. In Owntracks it’s set to 150 there too.