Measuring lux from a Hue motion sensor

Hmm, looks like the motion sensor does indeed report to Homey according to the value set but the sensor itself does not update the value more often then ever 5 minutes. I’ll have a look at it. May I suggest changing to the occupancy driver instead. It works flawless for me.

1 Like

Hello Johan, Could you tell me, how to "change to the occupancy driver? Or is this another sensor

You have to delete and add the sensor again and choose “Occupancy Sensor”.

1 Like

This works great. One thing, the battery status is no longer available in this setup

IF sensor does not update anymore
THEN change battery

Sorry, sometimes I can’t help myself :wink:

The sensor is new

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jack Wijnands

-------- Oorspronkelijk bericht --------

Sorry I was speaking IF THEN “flow” style.
What a meant was, if the sensor does not report battery level with this app, you can solve it with this flow:
IF
Sensor X did not update lux value during the last 12 hours
THEN send notification to owner: Change battery of Sensor X

Thanks for your feedback, it’s on my todo list to check why that is not working.

Could you please share the code on how to plot the lux level from the Phillips Hue Outdoor Motion Sensor?

It’s called ‘Insights’

1 Like

You can do it also this way:

1 Like

Hi

I’ve been reading this topic as I also need a device that reports lux quicker than 5 mins.

I have the Outdoor Hue sensor and I’ve tried adding it as an occupancy sensor but it finds the correct Outdoor Sensor on the app.

I’m using the PhillipsHue app without the bridge.

I’ve changed the setting to min 1 and max 60 but it still only seems to report every 5 mins.

I also see the Mi Light sensor is difficult to get now.

Have you checked the test version v2.46 of the app?

Hi yeah I’m running 2.0.46 of the app

Seems whatever device I select it picks up that it’s an outdoor sensor

I’ve never tried to add the Hue Outdoor Sensor as occupancy sensor, therefore I can only give some general tips:
– restart the app and try it again
– restart Homey and try it again

But maybe you ask better in the corresponding app thread (link).

1 Like

Thanks mate, I’ve put a comment in the app thread, I’ll see if I can get some advice there