Mertik Maxitrol

Hey Pieter,
Yes you have to download the latest sourcecode and run homey app install should work out of the box.

Rarely I got some wierd errors and behaviour after installing a new version during development. If you need to fix that, first remove the fireplace device before uninstalling the app, and then re-install the app, so that all old variables and memory is clean for the new app to work…

Hey Jo San,
As I said before in this thread, a fireplace can be potentially dangerous. I hacked the dataflow between the iphone app and the controller to figure out some parts of the protocol. Its most probably something that Mertik and/or IQontrol would not approve.

I do not want to distribute an application without knowing it would be 100% safe to use. I cannot guarantee safety without Mertik or IQontrol’s verification. Something I do not really want to invest effort into.

I am mainly developing this for myself. If you want to use it as well, its under your own responsibility. Installing it should be easy for you.

1 Like

Hi Roy,

Yep, I’ve got some weird errors during installation, so uninstalled the app like you suggested. That worked out for me, thanks again for the effort. The new options are exactly what I was looking for.
I noticed the app is not taking any commands from google. Is that a problem from my end or is the app not communicating with google assistant? E.g. I would like to say: ‘hey google, turn on the fireplace’.

hello @RoyB
under what name i can find in app store?

Hey pieter, I’m not sure how that integration works. I did not implement the “On/Off” capability, but implemented my own “operation mode”, with more then just on and off. Maybe thats why it doesn’t work?
Can google start scenes or flows? Perhaps you can set up a flow? Flow Actions should work.

read my last post. I do not plan to distribute it to the app store. The source code is here: https://github.com/rbrondgeest/homey-mertik-wifi

Hi Roy,
yeah in the meanwhile I created virtual switches coupled to certain settings within your app. This works just fine. E.g. I created a switch coupled to a flow switch off 1 burner and set the flames to setting 0. This is the setting I can keep my clothes on while enjoying the fireplace. :wink:
So probably and hopefully for the last time, thank you very much for all the effort that you put in this app. Great work!
Pieter

1 Like

Thanks for checking. Just to be sure I can not use the app; I don’t need to set the device in pairing mode or something. My Wanders app to control my fireplace is working via wifi. I just need to scan your app for a device?

I will add a pair by ip address option… you could try to see if you can control the fireplace when pairing manually.

Ill let you know when its done.

That’s great. I will try it out.

Any news on the horizon? (No pressure)

No sorry, I’m not sure when. Will def tell you guys here when i get to it.

Discovery by IP has been added as an option during the pairing.

Great! It is working fine now. Only thing i see is no data on the temperture value.

Hey, I’m not sure. Do you see a temperature in the app? Is your remote powered and in range? The remote acts as a remote temp. sensor.

Thanks Roy! I seems to work with my “MERTIK MAXITROL B6R-WWN” if I manually add it by IP address. Auto Discovery still won’t work.

a few observations;

• From Eco to standby mode doesn’t work. (This is probably genuine on the original app as well).
    Workaround. from ECO mode => ON mode => STANDBY MODE. Maybe you can make this workaround in the app.
  • Dim level; is that for lights or something?
  • No temperature (in original app it shows)

Anyhow, also big thanks here.

Hey,
Happy to hear!
I noted the bug you found. Its indeed not supported by the hardware, had already found one of those strange state transitions but missed this one.
Dim level is indeed for a glowing coal light effect that I have in my fireplace below the fire… I guess yours doesn’t have it.
Im not sure why temperature is not reading for you guys. Probably a different sensor that is in the data on a different place.

Since today the app crashes and cannot be started:

Any idea why and how to repair?

It’s working fine one my homey (version stable 5.0.0). Only thing is, no temperature value. I’ve got a Bellfire fireplace. The remote is an B6R-H8TV21PBD. Is it the same temperature remote as you RoyB?

Update: I figured out that the error was due the change of the ip- address. I put in this address manually since the auto discover doesn’t work for me. Deleting the previous device and adding the “new” one with the new ip solved the problem.