Homey Community Forum

MQTT Hub/Gateway

The conversion of the temperature value (455 in your sample above) is probably not correctly translated to a valid temperature capability value for Homey (0…1). Same goes for the other way around. The hub detects the existence of the temperature capability correctly and is therefore available in HA.

The source code can be found here (r720):
There’s probably a bug in this calculation: temperature = (value - 153) / (500 - 153);
NOTE: The color temperature command slider (HA) has a range of 153 to 500 mireds (micro reciprocal degrees).

So it’s most likely a shortcoming of the hub.

Thanks for all your comments. Once again - amazing app! Thank you.
Awaiting the full functionality, I made a flow-workaround for my two dimable ikea trådfri bulbs. At least now the color adjustments from HA gets to the lamps, but the feedback of the setting is not done (i.e. slider in HA not updated with latest value)

just bumped into this one, a bit late I know. what you do is amazing Harrie! it all looks like magic to me, it is great and very welcome having such a great and active developer working on this stuff. thanks a million for doing all this and at this rate Homey really becomes something truely awesome!

Is there a tutorial how to do this ?

openhab doesn’t discover my homey devices !

in mqtt explorer is see my devices

People have had mixed results discovering devices using OH2.4. I understand it’s much better in OH2.5M1 and should improve yet again in OH2.5M2. I believe it’s an OH issue with homie support but I’m not using OH currently … it’s just comments I’ve seen.

OH2.5M2 will be an interesting test but I wouldn’t recommend any of the intermediate 2.5 builds unless you’re very technical, and patient. 2.5M2 is due fairly soon.

K