MQTT Hub/Gateway

@Roy_Hopman did you take a look at this? https://homieiot.github.io/specification/#color

Certainly. The only thing i could think of is that a whole number is required. I reviewed the topics send on Mqtt explorer and i tried to replicate the same but without any response. Could that be the problem? Please see below example. Left from homey, right to homey

The payload should be a comma separated string, not json format. And values ranging from 0-100 (not 0-1).

So payload should probably be something like “227,98,83”

Do you by any chance have an example i can use to control the RBG colors?
I saw the topic from Mr. Satoer from 2019 but he never seemed to have a fix for this.

i have tried to send a regular string with above format but there is no result.

You need to restart the MQTT hub in the settings to let it add the new added devices.

@Roy_Hopman the parsing logic for the color payload can be found here: https://github.com/harriedegroot/nl.hdg.mqtt/blob/084a02b9e7e6b727ff677ed1806faf8bb535aa04/dispatchers/HomieDispatcher.js

See the _setColor function (r657)

Thank you, it’s functional now. Over-reading is so easily done…

at the moment I am not able to control the ikea tradfri rollos via mqtt - this worked fine a few weeks ago. any ideas?

You might want to see what is happening by using MQTT Explorer on a desktop.

Things to consider:

• Did you change the name of the unit causing the MQTT topic to change?
  • Are all other products working normally using MQTT -> if not restart homey -> restart MQTT

@Roy_Hopman hi :slight_smile:

I did not changed anything - but I saw an “ikea tradfri app update” - maybe this can be the reason?

all other devices works fine via mqtt and I already use the mqtt explorer application for troubleshooting - that was the reason because I have asked here :slight_smile:

Hi Sven,

Restarting homey might solve the problem. Do check with explorer if the topics have changed. You never know

1 Like

@HarriedeGroot or anyone!
Question about the status of a device. I have Node-Red as dashboard and not always is the correct state updated where I need in the MQTT Hub app to deactivate / activate each device to have the full device info tree. It doesn’t help to trig the broadcast. How could I force the device tree to be updated?

MQTT Hub app version 2.1.9
Homey version 4.0.0

This example shows in MQTT-tool the korridor-tak (corridor roof translated) device info which only has
$type and $name populated.

After deactivated / activated the device in MQTT Hub app

The full tree of the device is populated

@HarriedeGroot I added a MQTT device and want change the ON/Off value from true/false (default) to 1/0. But I can’t save the changes, because every time I get an Time out error?!

Solved this by enable / disable the MQTT Hub app every night by a flow - Not very clean work around, but it works!

We are using MQTT hub to connect none-Zigbee devices to our Home Assistant environment. It works rather well. But just this weekend we noticed something strange when attaching a Fibaro Roller Shutter 2. In Homey it is possible to set the sunshade we use to a certain level. It is great MQTT hub offers this too. But we ran into a problem.

When the shade is all the way to one side the level is 0 (zero). MQTT hub reports a Null though. This is interpreted by Home Assistant as NA. So once the shade is at that level Home Assistant can not change it to anything else.

The same strange thing happens with the power measurement. When the power drops to 0 Watt it is also reported as Null.

I get this to. Hopefully someone has an answer to this. I cannot change any of the settings in the Advanced settings tab.

I have the same issue… My second issue is, that I can control my Dimmlevel from 1-100%. If I try to send Dimm level to zero nothing happens. If I look in the mqtt explorer, than I can see, that the zero transaction will not appear.

Me too same issue :frowning:

Simple question, i’m new to MQTT… will MQTT be the answer for me to let 2 homeys communicate with each other? In short, flows in my Homey at home need to be triggered by an new homey in location elsewhere in town (Wifi available). For instance, zwave door contact device goes switches on and alarm state is set on then run flow at homey at home sounding a alarm signal, pushing notification on my phone etc.

1 Like

Hello, after 4.2 update of Homey, MQTT hub started to behave really strangly. It stopped reporting some devices. Strange is, that system state is published regularly, however other devices not (example window open sensor). I checked that in Homey - z-wave commands are sent and processed correctly, however hub doesn’t publish tat message.
Restart of app doesn’t solve the issue.
When I remove that device in hub application and add it again - it starts reporting again - but I cannot do it every day manually for about 100 devices…