MQTT Hub/Gateway

@Robert_Zwetsloot Did you also try the test version of the MQTT Client (v2.4.2)?

@Robert_Zwetsloot The cards mentioned in the store are related to the MQTT Device: A virtual device with the ability to bind capabilities to mqtt topics.

The master branch already got some fixes for the MQTT Device, will bump the version soon.

New apps are working fine here. Thx guys!

Updated test channel: MQTT Hub | Homey

Version 3.0.1

• FIX: changing settings of an MQTT Device
  • FIX: MQTT Device onoff values (false, 0) + state updates
  • Prevent message loops when the MQTT device state is updated by a message
  • Keep the MQTT device topics in sync
  • Add remove MQTT Device capabilities via advanced device config (json)
  • Change MQTT device topics in advanced device config (json)
2 Likes

In my attempt to be complete I mentioned the wrong version :roll_eyes:… I do run the MQTT Client (v2.4.2).
Hub version 3.0.1 has been updated automatically this night and nested smoothly without the need to restart the client!
Flow cards, after adding a MQTT device, are working too.,

All is runming smoothly here too.
Just updated to Hub v3.0.1 (Client already was on v2.4.2). Thx for the updates!

Now that we switched in The Netherlands to summertime last night, time in the log files are off. It report 2 hours earlier.
Same happens in both the Client and Hub logs. This wasn’t the case yesterday, when we were still on wintertime.

I use a MQTT Broker in Docker on my Synology NAS, which has the correct time and timezone (checked).
Installed and switched to the Broker app on Homey for testing purposes, but that gives the same 2 hours (earlier) off.
My Homey is on the correct time and timezone as well (checked).

Not a big problem, but merely a bit confusing when testing / troubleshooting…
Can anyone give me tips, or is this something that should be fixed in (one of?) the MQTT apps?

Version 3.0.2

• HA discovery: set cover position fix (Fibaro shutters)
  • Removed benefit message from settings page

SDKv3 apps always run in “timezone” UTC. This is a choice that Athom has made that app developers (and users) have to live with (or go through great lengths to work around it).

I won’t :innocent:

Ah, didn’t know. Thanks!

No, I fully understand.
Don’t understand Athom, but I can live with it. :wink:
Thanks guys!

Version 3.0.3

• [FIX] MQTT device topic registration

It is a fast moving target :slight_smile:
Nevertheless Version 3.0.3 nested without any noticeable problems, no restart needed either.

MQTT Devices are now able to handle JSON input & output.

Version 3.1.0

• MQTT device: grab input value from json messages (jsonPath)
  • MQTT device: format output message payload to json (JSON-T template)

I added two optional config parameters per capability:
value path: point to a value within the JSON payload of the state messate using JSONPath.
output template: format the output using JSON-T. Both string & object output are supported. All values from the device state (capabilities) can be inserted in the payload.

Version 3.1.0 is live.

Sorry for the complete noob question.

i’ve just got Home Assistamnt installed on a Synology NAS and got the MQTT hub/broker/client all connected and added to Home Assistant.

I can see all the devices but can’t controll them or look at the values.

what am I doing wrong?

edit: got it working!!

Version 3.1.2

• Fix for publishing ‘0’ and ‘false’ payloads
  • Brand color

Should solve this issue: Value 0 (zero) shown as empty space, or 'Onbekend' · Issue #21 · harriedegroot/nl.hdg.mqtt · GitHub

1 Like

I see most of you guys are updated to the latest version by now!

Did anyone encounter issues during the update(s)?
And the connection issues? Any improvement? Or is the restart sequence of the apps still needed?

No, issues. Everything is working just fine, as it always has. Another suggestion might be to change the default birth/will message thatthe app is listening to to the same as default in Home assistant? Now the default in Homey is hass/status and homeassistant/status in HA. Might cause unnecessary trouble for people restarting HA. MQTT Birth and Last will - Home Assistant

OK, that’s low hanging fruit, I’ll change the default topics.

Any more suggestions?

Version 3.1.5

• Homey library update to v2.9.0
  • Changed default HA status topic to: ‘homeassistant/status’
1 Like