Multi room heating with Nest

Any update here? How did you add the Adam to Homey?

Athom has just released the new Plugwise Anna app (to the app store) and will be releasing a Plugwise Adam app in the near future

1 Like

Great news, thx!
Any idea on the release date? And can I use the Anna App in the meanwhile? (how do I add it?)

Not at the moment. I still have to install the Opentherm convertor.
And I haven’t decided yet if I’ll go with Plugwise. If I do I’ll have to remove the Nest, which is quite expensive.

The Anna app will not work for the Adam

If people are interested, I could post a tutorial how to control the Adam through webrequests…
until the Plugwise Adam app is available

1 Like

Please do so I can automate stuff :slight_smile:

@TedTolboom That would be very nice if you did that :slight_smile:

Well, I could…

but I can also forward you to the new Plugwise Adam app: [APP][Pro] Plugwise App by Plugwise [Adam, Anna, Smile P1] [v3.1.0]

1 Like

Do you mean the Nefit Easy control adapter? I have a Nefit with on off

A Nefit with on/off and only on/off? That must be like 30 years old then?

No 2 years old Nefit comfort Line30 cw6. But it is on off or Nefits own a bus ems technology I. No opentherm

Then u can use the converter.

Can you please specify the exact product name you mean ?

https://www.robbshop.nl/ems-ot-opentherm-converter-nefit

Okay thanks. But what I don’t understand is that this device is for Nefits ketel with Nefit Easy thermostat. To convert opentherm to Nefit ems technologie. And with plugwise Adam it is the other way around. Opentherm tot Nefit ems

Posted the wrong link, edited

The link States Met deze converter is het mogelijk om van uw OpenTherm ketel het protocol van gesloten naar open te zetten.

But my Nefit is not opentherm based it is on off

Hierdoor kun je OpenTherm thermostaten zonder problemen aansluiten op je Nefit of BOSCH HR CV-ketel. So from Thermostate to boiler…

I used the same device to make my Nefit work with OpenTherm. The device is the key to convert your in/off boiler to OpenTherm.

Nefit are excellent boilers. But what a shame that they dont widely support opentherm…

I ran it on a 10 year old boiler. I needed to add the Easy Control Adapter AND the EMS to OT adapter. And this worked, but consumed a lot of gas. I did not have a on/off boiler.

Checked online and with the boiler-service company.

Replaced the boiler with an Intergas HRE. Now it workes like a charm.