Need flow for Power Outage at Home

This category is created to show, and explain the working of specific Flows in homey.

Hello All,

I need some help creating a flow for an power outage at home, i have an APC UPS (there is an app for this, but needs connection to an PC with is not always on), which keeps my homey and internet connection on for 2 hours or so, therefore i want to be notified is there is an outage by push notification towards my mobile, i was thinking about creating this flow by devices which are continuously power on and will go down.

I have a couple off Fibaro double switches which will lose connection towards homey, can somebody shows me how to do this on a flow, since the new layout and web based stuff i am just struggling every time…

Any help is much appreciated.

Unfortunately homey doesn’t have a trigger when a device or flow fails (generic). It can however trigger when a device doesn’t report in. So you could use that.

When: Apparaten - ‘een apparaat heeft niet gerapporteerd’ - ‘5 minuten’
Then: Mobiel - ‘stuur een pushbericht’

Be sure to configure your switches to report in frequently (every 120 seconds or so) through the ‘Geavanceerde Instellingen’.

Personally I would look for a solution with a raspberry pi connected to the ups app it can alert through that though, but that’s just me :slight_smile:

Thanks Lennard,

yes i have it now like that:
When: Apparaten - ‘een apparaat heeft niet gerapporteerd’ - ‘5 minuten

But i would like to specify an Device, which i can’t…, i have also windsensor outside, which sometimes does not report well. meaning i will get wrong notifications…
is there a way to specify devices?

otherwise Raspberry is an solution, i have actually an old one laying around here…

Regards

In the ‘and’ use a ‘logica’
‘is precies’
Type the name of your device

It feels a bit redundant, but that’s the way to go :slight_smile:

well it’s not what i am looking for…

with logic i can select for instance double switch from fibaro, then i can choose energie or energie meter,

this not what i want, it’s so stupit, because when i disconnect it from power, i see on devices within homey a red remark that it has lost connection! great but why can’t i create a flow out of it then!

Argghh right!

thats the way, i have got it now and working!

Thanks

1 Like