Need some feedback for a flow

Hi. Mostly very happy about my Homey, but I was wondering about how to attack a challenge.

I have a flow that controls some devices, where around 10 are dimmable light sources. I also have a light meter, and I want the relative light to change with the outside light levels. This also means that lights that are turned off should not turn on. Is there an [easy] solution to something like this? I remember seeing this as one of the use cases on the Homey web site and was kind of expecting to see some built-in support for it. I would prefer not to make a flow for each light source.

Thanks!

Since you donā€™t specify which bulbs you use, how they are controlled and how your flow looks like, it is a bit difficult to give useful feedbackā€¦

I understand. I have some Ikea dimmable TrĆ„dfri bulbs, some Fibaro FGD-212 dimmers and also some Qubino dimmers. The light is meassured with a Philio PST02-B1 3-in-1 device. The flow is triggered by change in the lux value. As for the logic thereā€™s a few things I need to sort out. As I said I want the dimming value to be relative, so I need to figure out a way to handle when a device turns down to zero so that itā€™ll dim up again.

If Iā€™m not mistaken, the issue would be to handle all dimmable lights as an array, checking if itā€™s on or off, if itā€™s on, then dim according to the change in lux value from the sensor. It might require me to get into scripting or something?

Hmm, maybe below links could be a bit of a start? (the last one is in dutch, donā€™t know if that is a problem)

1 Like