NEEO App

Dank u. :slight_smile:

This video shows the upcoming release.

2 Likes

Niels, first off, thank you for developing this app and the NEEO Kodi IP control SDK!

I have been the owner of a black cat NEEO from the Kickstarter campaign from quite some time now and have always loved the hardware. The software unfortunately is somewhat limited for domotica controls, so the combination with Homey makes a lot of sense to me and I decided to get one last week to replace my RPI with Domoticz.

I have been able to get the virtual devices up and running for all my lights, which I can now control with the NEEO remote, awesome! I have found it useful to add feedback to the NEEO sliders, since otherwise they would get out of sync when switching lights through Homey. Or am I using a workaround for something that is easier to acheive?

I have not succeeded in two other options:

1. One of my lights is an Ikea color bulb, for which the on/off toggle works fine. However, I cannot configure the slider to control the brightness, as there is no option in the flow I try to make to use the slider value to set the brightness. I was also wondering if it would be possible to control the color with some kind of color wheel, or is this too advanced for NEEO Atm?
  2. I have added virtual switches for my NEEO recipes in Homey so I can launch them from Homey as well. However, I cannot find an option to give feedback to the Homey virtual switch when a recipe is launched or stopped from NEEO. Seems to be a limitaties in Homey rather than NEEO?

Could you give me some pointers…?

Groetjes!

The way I’ve setup my app is so that almost everything the NEEO SDK offers can be used in NEEO. This approach gives a lot of freedom to the end user but in return it’s required more work from the user in regards to building flows. This includes updating the actual status of a capability when possible. Use the inform … cards to update the state in NEEO.

To use a slider set the NEEO card in the when field. Select when slider changed. In the then field use the lightbulb card that controls the brightness. The NEEO card gives off two tags (variables) one contains the actual value the other tag has the percentage (this is a decimal value between 0 and 1) you probably need the later tag inside the bulbs flow card. I don’t own these lights so I’m not sure what they accept.

I’m not entirely sure what you mean with virtual switches as they could be virtual switches that are defined in NEEO or a switch defined in a virtual device using my app or a virtual switch in Homey.
Anyway all NEEO events can be captured and acted on using the NEEO event card. You should only use these for devices and recipes not build with my app. Your TV recipe for instance. But also every button press of any device. To find what you need (if you need it) just add a new flow with the NEEO event card and use for instance the simple log app to write all the tags. Start the recipe you want to act on (or button press or anything else) then look in the log what you’ve received.

It will include something like recipexyz executed or stopped. Or button x y z pushed.

Please note that the virtual devices defined with my app do not require to use this card as they are controlled directly and have appropriate when cards.

Surely giving the user more control is the way to go for me, I was just wondering if there was a ‘shortcut’ to informing the sliders, besides cloning flows in Homey.

The thing about the slider controlling the Ikea bulb, is that I don’t see a tag in the bulb ‘then’ card. Acutally, this is not something specific for the bulb, since I also don’t see the tag when I try to write the slider value to a user variable. I am working in the Homey app since I upgraded to 2.0.0

Let me clarify the last part: I have a virtual switch in Homey (through add > Homey > virtual switch) that can trigger or stop a NEEO recipe. The thing is that I don’t see the option to give feedback to this virtual switch in Homey when launching a recipe from NEEO. In other words, when I launch a recipe from NEEO, my virtual switch in Homey remains off. Is there any means of feedback to this virtual switch, I only seem to be able to turn it on/off, which probably triggers the NEEO recipe again… Hope this makes more sense now…

Thanks again!

I’ve built a slider to control the homey led as a reference.

image image

Interesting… I don’t get the option to use a “local tag” :thinking:

Edit: simular issue?

Update: I do see the tag when adding a push message to the flow. It seems very similar to the abovementioned topic, not sure if it is a NEEO or IKEA app related bug?

It seems homey/App related. I’m using version 2.0.3 where it’s fixed. The curent app store version is 2.0.2. I cant find the link to the TestFlight version of the App.

:disappointed:

Maybe send an email to be a beta tester to @Bram on support@athom.com?

Good suggestion, Thanks!

Sssst

Should not take to long before it’s in the AppStore I presume.

It works now! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

On the NEEO iOS app it works almost flawlessly, however on the NEEO remote I get some odd behaviour.

1. The toggle for the Homey LED doesn’t work on the remote but does in the NEEO iOS app
  2. I have a toggle to switch multiple lights at once in the living room through a virtual Homey switch. Works perfect in NEEO app but only for a fraction of a second on the remote.

I have noticed that toggles on the NEEO remote sometimes briefly switch back to the previous state before actually changing. This is not specific for the Homey connected toggles. Could this be the cause of these issues?

The brain updates the Remote over 6lopan. There are two radio icond on top of the Remote one WiFi and one for 6lopan. I suspect that you ligt have Some interfearance close by. Try to hold the Remote close to the brain to see if that works, just to conform. You could re-pair the remote. It Will chose another channel within 15 minutes afterwards. For more details better have a look at Planet.neeo.com

Using the JSON tags instead of “when a toggle changes state” solved my issue with the Homey LED. To control a group of lights I have added a seperate on and off button which also works. For now, my lights control works perfect!

I have also managed to add some buttons for my Chromecast which allow for controls within the recipe, something that was lacking in the NEEO Chromecast device/recipe.

The one thing that I can’t figure out is something I have also asked before. I have a virtual switch in Homey that triggers a NEEO recipe on/off which I also use in other flows. However, when I start or stop a recipe with NEEO itself this virtual switch in Homey obviously doesn’t get updated. I cannot find the option to “inform” this virtual switch in Homey that a recipe starten/stopped. It is similar to “informing” NEEO toggles using your app. I hope I am making sense…

Great to see it’s working now.

I’m not able to set the virtual homey switch myself. Don’t know if it’s possible. You might want to try asking on slack. A lot of the homey gurus and homey employees are connected there. Guess most of them don’t follow this thread.

Short Question: Is it also possible to add a scene to homey? Like I have a scene on Nero switch ATV on/off. I know from the open hab binding that it was possible there and I understood that is also possible with your integration here. But it is a bit confusing now with also having v2 of Homey. And it is my first touch with homey and the need integration.
Thkans for the support.

I’m assuming you mean a recipe opposed to scene. (neeo named it recipies).

If so then yes, you can start and shutdown a specific recipe. and even shutdown all active. Just use the start a recipe or stop a recipe card.