NEEO App

A future means both a hardware and a software. Well see what happens.

Sweet you really put effort in. Nice one!

The Ir database and channel logos are cloud based.

Ok so this can be provided offline without requiring access to cloud services. Is there any other functionality depending on cloud services provided by Neeo? If not I donā€™t see why the device would turn into a brick after the two year support would expire. If it would I believe going back to my harmony would be an even bigger disappointment then the whole Logitech drama already is.

currently there is no way to provide new ir codes to neeo without the cloud. if this will be possible or not is not yet fixed. but with the actual statement from neeo, after the two year period they shut down the cloud. meaning: you are able to use the remote, but never be able to get new ir / not SDK devices to work with the hardware.
Also the SDK is not able to let u use IR codes for enhancement features, it is to limited for that.
Nobody beside Control4 can say what will happen or not, but the statements are clearly currently. If they going to change something, they will for sure post something about it on planet neeo.

@Niels
Is it possible to have custom icons or even pressable images (like the favorites) as buttons?

Eg, a button for a Chromecast radio stream with a icon of the station?

@Niels
Which "Type"should I choose for radio in the Neeo app? I would like to have a slide for the favorite channels.

A Tuner device is officially not supposed through the SDK, you can add A TV device. Then in the settings you can edit the configuration file and change type:ā€TVā€ to TUNER. Then add it as a driver to NEEO. Let me know it all works well. If it does then I can add the Type as supported in the next update.

Best way to edit is to use a computer and go to http://developer.athom.com/tools/app-settings
Save your current NEEO configuration as backup. Then edit the json data to set the device type to TUNER

@Niels
Thanks, this seems to work. It only forces you to connect it to a receiver/television or television only, but this can be easily removed from the recipe. It asks now for adding the radio favorites in the favorites slide.
I asked you if this was possible, because Neeo already provided a separate ā€œTUNERā€ device for my av-receiver. When I add this device it doesnā€™t force you to connect to a receiver/television or television only.

Iā€™m now busy investigating and trying how I can migrate everything to mainly a Harmony Hub using the Neeo remote, but it is a lot of work. A nice example is that you cannot choose preset internet radio stations via IR, but you can do it via the Denon AVR app.
In this case I hope I can use the Neeo remote longer than the 24 months and new IR codes are covered by Logitech. So the only thing what remains are the favorites, but I think you already have a solution for this.

You can use my online tool for that. http://www.nielsdeklerk.nl/neeofav/

Probably missing something hereā€¦ trying to add custom favorites to a chromecast in NEEO

1. added a new device in the Homey app (tried TV and DVB)
  2. discover and add device in the NEEO app
  3. add favorites to device

However, somehow they donā€™t show up in the slidesā€¦?

did you enable the slide in the neeo app? you need to enable the favorites slide not the shortcut slide to handle the channel pages.
also you are only able to send numbers from this page. iā€™m not aware of any other possibilities.

Yes, checked that, the slide is not available for (de)activation

What version of my app are you running? Hans K had also issues with favorites and where resolved. Please check the post comments to see wether the issue is similar and if the provided tips and fix helps.

Please let me know if those help. If they do Iā€™ll update the current beta to stable.

Markus, are you running beta or stable? Iā€™ve changed the SDK Naming in beta to solve weird issues. Apparently the NEEO sometimes use component label and sometimes use the component name. This results in weird issues when using UID naming of some components. I reverted the naming in the latest beta version. This should fix favorites. I know your good in finding bugs so I was wondering if youā€™re using the beta and if itā€™s stable for you.

Running stable here, will try beta and report back. Seems like the same issue that @HansK reported.

Please note that youā€™ll need to add a new device for the naming to get corrected. For the favorites to pop up it requires a tuner like devicetype and to have the nummer digit buttons cabability group added.

Iā€™m not running beta. also i donā€™t have devices setup that require favorite slides. it was only a thought from my side

1 Like

Thanks

Is it possible to add a color wheel capability to a device?

Also, have been trying to add a volume slider to my Chromecast, but this results in an error when activating the recipe, see screenshot below

not possible to add color wheel, only a slider that adjust color is in the firmware.

I have exposed all features available to NEEO. A colorweel isnā€™t in the NEEO code.

The issue you showed isnā€™t something I can explain and looks to be in the NEEO side. It seems like the NEEO thinks it is a player device and to support a player widget more components are required. I advise to test with a separate virtual device just for your slider.