Homey Community Forum

Neo coolcam doorsensor loosing connection

I have a few neo coolcam doorsensors. One of them is working outside to tell me when the mailman has come; works like a charm.

I am trying to set one up inside to warn me of the kids leave the bathroom door open. For some reason I cannot get the sensors to continie to work, I habe tried another one (I ordered three), the third one gives the same issue as the first one:

I can add the sensors fine, on the location where they need to be, they also work then. I see the status in the app changing and the red light also flashes when i move the magnet away from the sensor.

About 10 to 20 seconds later the whole thing stops working. No red light, no activity in the app… pressing the inside button -once- wakes the thing up and it works again for a few seconds.

Resetting (10 sec hold) does not change this. Removing and re-adding also does not help.

I would think the sensor is faulty but because I have it with two of them I am thinking I might be doing something stupid…

Anyone any idea ?

That the red light isnt blinking sounds to me thats in the device. Battery empty?

And please dont start with saying “ofourse its a new device” :grin::grin: because thats says nothing.

There is only one way to find out and thats usi ng a Volt meter.

Thanks for your quick response !

Homey reports the battert as 100% full… Sorry to say that I do not have a volt meter…

Is it logical that it would work for a couple of seconds after pressing the button ? If so Ill just buy a new battery, probably cheaper then a vault meter…

well, even the red light should blink when its not connected to homey, iam not gonna gamble but big change its in the device… battery is the cheapest way to try ofcourse.

on the other hand a meter at the action.