Homey Community

Neo Coolcam power plug range NAS-WR01ZE

Hi Homey users! I am always looking for more fun stuff to connect to homey so i bought the Neo Coolcam NAS-WR01ZE. I already have door sensors too which do work great!

But it looks like i have some range issues with the NAS-WR01ZE. When it is plugged in next to the homey it responds very well. But 3 meters away the plug ignores some commands. 6 meters away, and only a wooden cabinet beween them,
It does not receive any commands.

Is someone using this plug already at a further range? Thanks!!!

image|375x500

Right now I have 4 neo plugs and all of them are work well.
Sometimes neo devices are buggy.
So try to restore to factory settings ( 10 seconds button hold ) and then re-add it to homey.
One of plugs is placed in my ground and makes 4 hopes to reach homey but everything works fast.

I only have one, just to experiment with it.

I’ve red the factory reset trick on this forum, so unfortunately i did already follow that procedure.
Most of the wall sockets on the floor level do work quite well, but two of them have issues.
One level up in our house (concrete floors) work as wel.

Could these plugs be sensitive for not-grounded wall-sockets?
The two problematic wall sockets do not have ground pins. (the one upstairs is also not grounded, but do work well)

They are a bit buggy somethimes indeed.

in my experience i pair them as close as possible to homey (like 10cm) and then they work great on longer distance. i’ve got like 20 of them, and had to send 2 pieces back because they where not responding at all.

Good to hear positive experiences, gives me some hope :wink:

The first time, the pairing was done on the second floor of our house, the pairing failed at the last step (so device was not added, but did need to be removed from ‘remove z-wave device’ menu).
After that i took my laptop and sat next to the homey and paired the device (after giving the power plug the factory reset).

I’ve created a new test-scene to test the signal the other way,
when the wall socket device is turned on, Homey sends a push signal to my phone.
But the issues are exactly the same, crazy right!?

Also tested the device in our bathroom, which haves a very thick concrete floor with metal net in it,
and the homey responded to the power-on all the times…

I also just testing unplugging all christmas tree lights (i received my wallplug while my girlfrind was decorating our house :stuck_out_tongue: ), but did not preform any better too…

i think i’ll buy another one at a later time, and plug that one in a socket that did respond well,
hoping the mesh network will do the trick.

If anyone got some tips, please let me know :slight_smile:

All my plugs are not grounded, so it is not a problem.
I always add them near homey, then move to desired room. In the room I turn it on and off several times, so z-wave could find it best route. But may be your plug is really buggy so try another one :grin: