Nest + Homey = Dead API by 31th August

As we are in the English part of the forums we like to keep it in English here. Posts that are not converted to English will be deleted soon without further notice.

minor consequence because of the dutch article :wink:

Cool, just what Nest told me 3 days ago :smile:

1 Like

So, will the app still be available by Homey?

Yeah I will, but how?

Sorry but thats wasnt what I attent, I was just searching… but did quick reply…

1 Like

Before it is August 31, I want to add our nest thermostat to Homey, done this but I get the message “er zijn geen nieuwe apparaten gevonden” every time, and then can’t add the thermostat. Do you think this has to do with August 31?

It was my understanding no new devices can be added.
Only when you already had a link with the device it will remain working (even after aug. 31)

did you updated your nest account to a google account?

Ook ik vind het belachelijk zoals Google omgaat met wederom een opgezochte fabrikant (nest).
Ik ga mij overal uit schrijven betreffende Google applicaties en meer.

Please keep the conversation in English.

1 Like

Everybody Please note the following:

The nest intergration with “Works with Nest” is now intergrated in “Works with Google”.

Developpers needs only to use the “Works with Google” API instead of the now depricated “Works with Nest” API!!!
Google did not STOP Nest intergration they only moved it to the Google ecosystem.

The Homey App for Nest products needs only to be re-written to use the “Works with Google” API.

There is plenty of information on the Google Developpers site about this.

1 Like

yeah, the problem is getting the permission to use the API, they made it very difficult to get an API key, and even if you get it, they will give a lot of rules, more then there already were with NEST itself.

Allright, but rules are not always bad.
They make these rules to prevent misusing functions in privacy sensitive devices like home control devices. Bad use of some of these API calls can lead to serious security risks.
These rules are not so strict that nobody can get an API key at all.

i’m curious how it will evolve… hope someone can create a app with the google api and see the difference.

Hoe verander je die api?

First you wil have to get a API-key for the “Works with Google” API. On the developer site from Google you can find all the information and tools to use this for developing 3rth party software for Nest products.

Once i was migrated, I was able to integrade the NEST with Alexa.

Anyone else having problems with Nest Protect?

• Added protect before 31 august
  • Now I am getting the error message ‘This device is no longer available in your nest account’
  • When I do configure app, I need to login to Works with Nest, and I can accept the terms (but it gives an error message)
  • My Nest account is NOT migrated to google.
  • My Nest account still shows Homey as authenticated

I think I can’t reinstall the Nest App on Homey (cant find it in the athom store anymore :()

I saw the same error. restarting the APP and Homey resolved it for me