[APP][Pro] Netgear Router - Network control, Presence detection, Energy monitoring

I just started using this app, so i haven’t quite figured it out yet. But it was the fact that it says five days ago. Shoudn’t the status be sent in real time ans not five days ago, or am i missing somerhing here?

I also tried to make the presence flow using the Mac adress for my phone, but that didn’t work

You are right, it should be updated every minute. The presence flow looks ok to me, assuming the text is exactly corresponding to the mac tag. Can you submit an issue via the test tab (app settings). You need a github account to do that.

yes, it should be, I pasted the Mac address from my router.
hmm, I choose copy from the test, but I couldn’t paste that on to GitHub

Weird you couldnt paste. Maybe try from another tablet or phone, or even from a pc. Without the testlog there is not much for me to analyze what your problem is.

Ehh, maybe stupid question. But how do i post from a PC? Web interface removed in v.2

Use the mobile device simulator from this site: https://developer.athom.com/tools/app-settings

got it working on a pc. posted on GitHub now

App version 2.5.5 was just approved in the appstore. Besides squashing some bugs that appeared with some router types, it adds TLS/SSL security (https) for the connection between Homey and your router. This probably only works for routers that have the soap port on 80 (not on 5000). If you want to enable it, just change the soap port to 443 in the device settings or during pairing.

I could only test this on one router, so please try it out and let me know if it works out for you. Actually, you shouldn’t see any difference except that the port is set at 443 in stead of 80 and that it is not possible anymore to easily sniff the traffic between Homey and the router (for the hackers amongst you)

App version 2.5.6 was just released. It fixes an issue with getting attached devices on certain router types. Also the compatibility test was extended. This test can be performed from the app settings.

1 Like

@Koktail thx for your donation! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Thanks for making this awesome app possible :wink:

1 Like

I have 4 flows that mark 2 ppl home or away, 2 flows for each person. I have noticed that they have been automaticly disabled a few times. I saw that one of the flows have been activated more then 2000 times which is impossible.
The flows all looks like this,

Any idea why the flows get trigered so many times thay the flows has to be disableded?

Every time your flow gets triggered you also get a log in the app settings tab. Do you see that many devices coming online there? If not it might be a Homey problem in stead of an app problem. And how do you know it was triggered 2000 times? Do you get a message from Homey? And within what time period is that? E.g. in a second or minute?

I could not see it in the Netgear app log becuse it doesn’t go back that many days. I looked in Homey Timeline and I can’t see any persons coming home or going away within the dates of the Netgear log.
I have however modify the flows so it only triggers once. I put another And card that the persons has to be away if coming home and has to be home if going away.

Thank for you responding.

Hello NetGear users,

Will the Netgear Router App work correctly with OpenWRT firmware installed on NetGear hardware?

Regards,

Wilco

Nope… it only works with the netgear firmware…

Maybe a little OT.
Does the Netgear Router App support Netgear access points?

We will get an fiber connection soon. I’m looking for a new internal WiFi configuration, preferably with 3 access points. I’m looking for options/combinations where Homey presence will work without issues.

anybody some advise?

If you mean orbi, yes it works with that :sunglasses:

But it will also work with other ap’s, as long as your main router is a netgear and is also doing dhcp for your entire network. I have a r7800 as main router/dhcp, and a r7000 as ap, and a chinese ap too. Presence detection works regardless which ap your device is connected to.

OT @Gruijter
How have you configured the ssid’s of the ap’s? Do you have 1 ssid for all, or do the ap’s have unique ssid’s?