[APP][Pro] NetScan (Version 2.0.6, Test Version 2.0.8)

I will check to make sure there are no memory leaks. I have seen in the past about network buffers not be released under certain circumstances so I will look into that.

I have 6 devices setup and the app has got up to 18MB but is climbing steadily so does look a bit suspicious.

I have presented the app to the Athom store and if it is accepted I will keep the new ID. If it’s refused then I will revert back to the original ID and just keep it in the HCS only.

2 Likes

Athom have accepted the submission so the app with the new id is in the store:

4 Likes

Up & running Adrian, a 1001 times thanks.
I got it up my dash, and the offline ones blink orange now :wink:
(I had to add alarm_offline capability to the code)

Just info: Now I wanted to group them, so I get only one device with an alarm status on my dash, like my doorcontacts and PIR’s, but the group app doesn’t provide for alarm_offline sensor capability yet.

Nice dashboard :+1:

The alarm_offline is a custom capability so not sure if the app will be able to support that. I will contact the dev to see what he can suggest.

Thanks!

Ah I get that. I asked Arjan the other day if he could add measure_ph to the Virtual Devices app, but he sticks with the default capabilities provided by Athom, otherwise he would be busy all day to add capabilities :upside_down_face:

This is available in Group app at the moment (enough alarms though :wink: ):

TEMPERATUUR

CARBON MONOXIDE

CARBON DIOXIDE

LUCHTVOCHTIGHEID

PM2.5

DRUK

GELUID

REGEN

WINDSNELHEID

WINDRICHTING

WINDSTOOT KRACHT

WINDSTOOT RICHTING

ACCUNIVEAU

ENERGIE

VOLTAGE

STROOM

HELDERHEID

ULTRAVIOLET

WATERDOORSTROMING

ALGEMEEN ALARM

BEWEGINGSALARM

CONTACT ALARM

CO ALARM

CO₂ ALARM

SABOTAGEALARM

ROOKMELDER

BRANDALARM

HITTEALARM

PM2.5 ALARM

HITTEALARM

BATTERIJ ALARM

NACHT ALARM

ENERGIEMETER

WATERMETER

GASMETER

I made a “IP device offline” indicator, while using a VD light with color capability.
I put my IP devices in a dedicated zone, so I can use generic alarm detection.

• One or more devices alarm.on: vLight Red and ON
  • All devices alarm.off: vLight Green and OFF

1 Like

is it possible to add the following flow card to this app?

IF device status changed
Currently you have 2 IF statements: if device come online or if device goes offline, would be great to have a 3th option. If device changed state.

thx!

2 Likes

Version 2.0.1 is now available under the test url and has this option.

2 Likes

thx, installed it and seems to be working fine!

1 Like

What a great app, thank you for the development! I’ve been searching long foe a app with this functions.
I use it to check whether my TV is on or not when my lights go off in the evening. If so, a few lights stay on. As the tv switches off, those lights go off as well. I check if the fixed IP address changes to offline.

But all of a sudden, the lights stay on, even when the tv is off for some time. Do I have to restart the app once in a while or so? Do you know this, will that solve the problem?
I’m using the latest version of the app.

Are you running the test version?
I think the release version has a memory leak, that I have fixed, and when the it gets to a certain level Homey kills the app.

First: thanks for the quick reply!!

Second: I use the released version. Have you got a link to the test version, will install that one and check whether that one keeps on working.

Edit: found the link to the test version at the top op this topic.

2 Likes

Hi Adrian, I think you fixed the memory leak.
I installed test version 2.0.2 at june 10th @ noon, the graph tells us the good news:

Last 24hrs:

2 Likes

Hi Adrian,
I didn’t know/realize it can detect the internet connection also.
But it only works with my own internet IP address, not with f.i. 8.8.8.8, or both www.athom.com IP’s.
But, using the TCP device port 80 works for webservers :wink:
Just FYI

By the way, the memory graph is still around 8MB’s :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Adrian,

Last night as the tv was turned off, the lights went off as planned. I installed the test version of the app.
We don’t know whether it did function correctly this time because of the new app. Maybe restarting the old app would have been good enough. I will keep an eye on it the coming days and see what happens.

I’ll keep you informed.

1 Like

I’m not really surprised as internet devices will be locked down much tighter and are less likely to respond to random connections.

1 Like

Hi,

Is it possible to add arpping aswell?
If not possible with this app, maybe it is possible with an companion app for a NAS and/or PI?

As far as I can see arping, like ping, uses low level network functions that are not available to a Homey app. So I don’t think it is possible to add it unless Athom provide an API into those functions.

Sorry, newbie question: How do I check if a PC running Windows 10 is awake? Doesn’t seem to work with check IP or check TCP port (tried several that is supposed to be open).

If you have a firewall that complete blocks access to ports then neither will work.
The IP option checks port 1 and just looks for any kind of response, even if it is a rejection as when the PC is switched off nothing is returned and the request times out.
The TCP option checks the specified port but requires a valid response.