[APP][Pro] Kia and Hyundai

I’m in Sweden.

Last time I checked that was still in EU. So should be good😜

The bad gateway error always appears during pair because I’m trying all regions (each region uses different servers). After pair it knows what region you are in. You can check in the advanced settings.

Ok, that explains the “Bad Gateway” but I still don’t understand why the log told me that name/password was OK but the app showed me a message telling me that the credentials was wrong. Perhaps I should remove my car and retry the pairing process. Region is set to EU and as I said before, everything works just fine.

I’ll have another look at the pairing code to see if I can find a possible issue.

Edit: I did find a possible timing issue if you use a mobile device that is a bit slow :slight_smile:
I have extended the timeout during pairing with a few extra seconds. Will be included in the next version.

Edit 2: Or actually it could also be caused by a slow Homey or bad WiFi during pairing. I’m testing on a Homey Pro, so timing might be off for regular Homey’s.

Cool. I asked if A Better Route Planner was willing to include Homey setup instructions in their app. And they did!

4 Likes

So another reason to buy a pro :dizzy:

Version 1.4.0 is ready. Mostly stability improvements.

• Stability improvements.
  • Fix pairing.
  • Fix log length.
  • Climate control check engine on.
  • Improved queuing. Added rate limiting.
  • Improved car active detection.
  • Prevent dual Homey active triggering.
1 Like

App not available, at the moment?

^

I guess to much complaints with 3th party apps not working :see_no_evil::yum:

I also use Homey Pro and usually the wifi is fast and reliable. The mobile device I used was an iPhone X using the latest iOS version. I will upgrade to your latest version and remove my car and try to install pair it again. I report back!

Do you have a new link where we can install the latest version? The old link don’t work anymore.

Only on github at the moment untill Athom gives their o.k. again on the new version. They claim this is not a bug in the app store, but fully intended behavior. :thinking:

I just published it on the community app store. It looks very good, and is always up to date with the latest version. Note: you do need a 1-time install of the Homey V5 loader. The ABRP integration does not work though, because I cannot securely upload my API key. But all the rest works very well.

https://store.homey.community/app/com.gruijter.hyundai_kia

2 Likes

Yesterday (on 1.3.0) II tested to start the AC from your app and it (of course) worked as expected, but why is climate control (starting and stopping) not available as an action in a homey flow?

Adding some more flow cards is on my to do list. Priority till now was stability and usability. When I’m happy with stability I will add more features like flowcards.

Hi,

Tested the new version (1.5.0) and this time I didn’t have any pairing problems.

1 Like

Trying to connect mij Kia e-Niro 2020. Adding device as instructed, but login returns a ‘Gegevens zijn niet correct’. What credentials should be used here? Logs say: Bad Gateway and unhandledRejection!

Im working on improving the pairing as we speak. Try it from a different device. Use your UVO username and password, and PIN in the next screen.

And you can ignore the ‘Bad Gateway’ log. That is coming from the library I use, but doesnt impact the pairing procedure.

PS: you can also try pairing from a PC using this link:
http://developer.athom.com/tools/pair

New to all this, I only have credentials to login to Mijnkia.nl … (email / password). I believe I used that to connect the car to UVO App. Can you confirm this is the same?