[APP][Pro] Kia and Hyundai

Yes! It’s working!

1 Like

Hello Robin,
I’ve installed the Kai and Hyundai app just today and it’s working propperly until now, thanks for your effort so far.
Is is possible to start loading my Ioniq with the Homey app?
This seems the most important feature to me, so i can combine my Ioniq with my smart meter and make a flow that the Ioniq automatically starts loading when I delivering back to the grid.

Greets, John

Start / stop charging is definitely on my list to implement. But Im depending on the developers that create the library.

I am already testing it with Kia EU, but it needs more reverse engineering also from my side. At this stage it does not work the way I expect / would like it to work. Once I have it working o.k. for Kia, it should be possible to make it work for Hyundai as well.

By the way: I use a 16A plugwise plug at the moment to start/stop charging based on my smart meter readings.

1 Like

Thanks for your early reply Robin.
I’m using BeNext smarthome already to read my smart meter and switch the socket for loading the Ioniq, but it would be nice to do everything in the Homey

How cool to have the EV connected to Homey! Bummer that is only Homey V5 sdk3 compatible.
I’m in the “I don’t want to upgrade to 5, since 3/4 of my home will stop working if I do” phase. I assume many others among us have the same issue. Many community developers are programming there ass of to keep everything working.

It is not your fault that Homey do their stupid upgrade or die move (again).

well, v5 will be stable :soon:. So everything is solved by then :wink:

If i install the Kia and Hyundai App en connect my Ioniq to my Homey, the Hyundai Bluelink app connection with the Ioniq doesn’t work anymore.
So I removed the Hyundai bluelink app from my Homey.
Hopefully this problem can be solved

Well, it might not solve itself :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So if you think there is something wrong in the Homey app, please create an issue on github with details on what is not working and how that happened.

Please check the frequency of your data query. I got a love letter today:

"Dear customer,
We have noticed an unusually high data usage related to your UVO account.
According to our internal research, this is because of the use of a third-party app, not developed by Kia Motors, which is consuming data assigned to the UVO Connect Services.
However, this violates our Terms of Use (see Section 4.1) and we have the right to terminate the contract in the event of a material breach (see Section 9.6).
We therefore ask you to stop this activity immediately. If we do not notice any change in data usage two days after receiving this email, your vehicle’s SIM card will be blocked and you will no longer be able to use the UVO Connect services.
With best wishes,

Kia UVO Connected"

Yes, on forums I see Kia and Hyundai are doing this at least in Germany and NL. You can set the poll interval yourself by the way, in advanced device settings. Default is once per minute.

But I will probably have to re-invent the app where you can use it to start charging, to defrost, and know where it is parked. But not realtime info when you are driving :pensive:

I got the same message here in Sweden (but translated into Swedish). To bad and to sad

I’m trying to use this app with my Kia Soul EV, but I’m not seeing any data when opening the device.

Checking the logs I see the following error:
2020-10-16 17:49:47 [err] [uvo] [0] TypeError: Cannot read property 'batSoc' of undefined at UvoDevice.handleInfo (/drivers/generic_device.js:409:46) at UvoDevice.doPoll (/drivers/generic_device.js:317:10) at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5) at async

So you are able to add your car to Homey? Try removing the device from Homey, then change your password from the UVO app, and add the car again to Homey with the new password. If it still does not work please create an issue on github and post the entire log, including the pairing process.

Is there any progress in the development?? (getting my car ->Soon :crazy_face:)

Yes there is. The present version already works well, but due to the usage limits that Kua/Hyundai have implemented, you have to manually set the server polling to a very low interval (once per 15 minutes for instance).

This means it is not really usefull for real-time information like actual location and speed. So I’m rewriting the functionality to support a more static use of information, like where is it parked, and control defroster and charger from Homey.

But making my BLE Christmas lights app compatible with Homey V5 has priority right now :innocent:

Now that X-mas is over, and the BLE lights will be stored in the attic again soon, I have spent a lot of time on the app rewrite. I am now in the final testing stage. I expect to be able to publish version 2 :soon: .

3 Likes

Happy New Year!

As a present to you all I have released the rewritten app V2. What has changed:

• App rewrite to better cope with Kia/Hyundai API use restrictions (repair needed)
  • Added charge on/off
  • Added Google Directions ETTH
  • Added more flowcards
  • Added parked address and map as tokens
  • Removed Heading Home
  • Improved reverse Geo
  • updated modules bluelinky@5.2.3 kuvork@5.4.4

It is already available in the community app store. The official Homey store will hopefully follow soon.

YOU NEED TO DELETE YOUR PRESENT CAR, AND ADD IT AGAIN AFTER INSTALLING THIS VERSION. AND READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM HOW TO GET UPDATES WHILE DRIVING!

I have put a lot of time in this, so please let me know how this version works out for you!

3 Likes

It seems you need to upgrade your UVO or Bluelink account to make sure everything keeps working with Homey. This is achieved by

1. log out of your bluelink/UVU app
  2. Login again under ‘current account’
  3. Select you want to upgrade your account
  4. Create new Kia/Hyundai account and use the same username/password/pin as before
  5. From now on you can login to the Bluelink/UVO app using the Kia/Hyundai account
  6. If you kept the same username/password/pin as before, Homey will continue to work. If not, you need to change the username, password and PIN in the advanced device settings.

Both Kia and Hyundai users must upgrade their account to keep the Homey app working. See instructions above.

1 Like

I do not seem to be able to update to an kia account :frowning: so apps not working anymore