Looks like an donation :joy:

1 Like

get the new test version 1.1.0 here:

• Added multiple API key support
  • Added key validity check on save
  • Added API statistics
  • Added manual region selection
  • Bug fixes.

Some problems with saving API`s, error not found, yes they are entered correctly (copy&paste) Looks like an app crash. Also crashing Homey app.

plate

darn :confounded: Guess that means the donation is on hold :sob:

But: that’s why it is a test version. Will get back to work.

Yes, no dinero yet pal! :moneybag: :smile:

Ok, please try again with version 1.1.1 (same test link as before)

BTW: You can now also enter the preferred country codes that you want to use for matching. I did not see any new behavior compared to automatic search. But feel free to play around with it.

1 Like

Version 1.1.1 got released in the app store. You need to re-enter your API key when you are upgrading from version 1.0.1

Crashed again, nothing stored. Error not found. Data came back after app restart. Memory issue…

Yes, I see memory leak as well. I need to investigate further to find out where it is coming from.

Hotfix available here: https://homey.app/a/com.gruijter.anpr/test/

It disables the usage statistics for now to prevent memory leak.

Very hard to crack this problem though, I cannot pinpoint any problem yet in my code. I’m facing unclosed server that I believe is an internal Homey problem. So maybe it is not an app problem, but a Homey firmware problem, or a combination. :confounded:

I will now try if the app works well on my stable Homey firmware.

New app version 1.1.3 has been released in the Homey App Store.

• Memory leak fix.
  • Faster statistics update.

ENJOY
:partying_face:

1 Like

I scanned their terms of use, but their free key is only available for developers Your use of the Developer Environment is for internal, development purposes only

So if I would make an app for Sighthound I would be the only one allowed to use it😬

But they would never know???

Great option and a 1000 a day requests

Maybe adding as an alternative option???

They probably wouldn’t. But not complying to their terms of use would be morally wrong. I like people to respect my own (intellectual) property, so I respect that of others as well.

4 Likes

Great app! Could you please give some flow examples on how to use it?

This example flow is for face recognition, but it works exactly the same for license plate recognition:

1 Like

Hi - thank you for your enthusiasm in integrating Plate Recognizer with Homey app. We are grateful for developers such as those on this thread who continue to innovate with our license plate recognition software/SaaS.

I am however, bummed by the adding of “multiple API key support.” This actually goes against Section 3.6 of our Terms of Service (https://platerecognizer.com/terms-of-use-privacy-policy/). “You agree also to use one free trial account and not to create multiple Free Trial accounts for evaluation purposes without the written consent from Plate Recognizer.”

Unlike other LPR providers who have disabled their Free Trial, we continue to offer a Free Trial to our customers so that they can test drive our software quickly and easily.

However, we do get bummed out when folks try to abuse this Free Trial.

May I kindly ask for you to disable/remove this “multiple API key support” from your Homey app?

We are a trust-based software provider and hope that that developer community in general can respect this.

Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing more great innovations come out of this!

1 Like

Hi @LMat

Thx for letting me know about this section. Did I completely miss this when I went through your terms of use? Or did you recently add or change them maybe?

Anyhow, off course I want to fully respect your terms of use. I will therefore remove the multiple key support in the next release.

Thx for creating your web service!

2 Likes

Thanks, @Gruijter. Really appreciate the collegiate trust among the software community.

If you need more lookups for testing/evaluation-- please do reach out via our website at https://platerecognizer.com

As for the Terms update – we do update it from time to time. The free trial section has always been there but its language may have been tweaked over time.

We try to be a good steward to the general developer community with our ALPR webservice - so thank you again for supporting our efforts here!

5 Likes

Version 1.1.4 was just released in the app store. It removes multiple API key support and has some minor tweaks.

1 Like