Homey Community Forum

[NEW APP] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day and month

9 Likes

By popular demand, and because of my frustration that Athom is not providing better energy insights, I created this app. It is now still pending approval by Athom in the appstore.

If you want to have insights of your daily/monthly power use, or power production of your solar panels, this app is for you. You can bind it to any Homey device that has a meter_power capability.

Let me know what you think of it.

14 Likes

Nice! Pass it through Athom

1 Like

Great job Robin, can’t wait to try it!

1 Like

Super!

1 Like

This should be done by Athom in the first place…
Thnx man, wonderfull

2 Likes

I’m actually glad an active and committed community developer made this, and not Athom. Now I’m sure questions will be answered, bugs will be fixed and feature requests will be looked at.
But that’s just me.

9 Likes

Athom didnt approve it today. I hope tomorrow…

If you want to give it a go already, you can get it from github

2 Likes

I think that Athom is busy with implementing this app in release 3.1…

4.X you mean (still hoping for the zigbee update announced donkey years ago) :grin:

Thanks @Gruijter saves me about 10 flows of calculating variables which tend to get void when accidentally running the wrong flow :wink:

2 Likes

Was planning to make multiple flows to do exactly this. This is way better. Thanks!

2 Likes

Perfect in combination with Tibber home and pulse, thx! Possible to add year too?

This app will be very useful. Good work!
Maybe Athom should rename their Energy to Power? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Electricity is measured in Watts and kilowatts

Electricity is measured in units of power called Watts, named to honor James Watt, the inventor of the steam engine. A Watt is the unit of electrical power equal to one ampere under the pressure of one volt.

according to Google.

Energy is power during a time, measured in J, Wh or kWh.
Power is energy per unit of time, measured in J/s, W or kW.
According to me

Electricity is the set of physical phenomena associated with the presence and motion of matter that has a property of electric charge.
According to Wikipedia.

2 Likes

Still not released today. I guess Athom is busy getting the new app store running. Most of my published apps went missing😱

1 Like

Maybe the are busy with the Zigee rewrite :rofl:

1 Like

Nu homey chrashes when i use insights. So i am not so happy with it because accidentaly hit the button

Hi Jan_Willem, I’m not sure what you mean. What button makes your Homey crash? Do you mean something the Power by the Hour app is doing? Or something else?