New Setup Questions Fibaro RGBW and Dimmer2

Thanks, so reading that it sounds like I could set up the association so that the S2 of one switch controlled up to 8 other dimmer 2 inputs by association
Also seems this could be an all on / all dim / all brighten command

Presumably this is possible within device settings in Homey? Seems like it would be a more robust way of doing the “All On” than with Homey Flows

Personally for me I think of it as ‘simplistic’ rather then robust, less things can go wrong, but I can also do less. Also if my Homey doesn’t have power then neither will my lights.

Hi all, me again

Just in the process of the spark setting up the RGBW and he’s saying I need a 60w+ power supply but it needs to be dimmable… Is this right?

My understanding was that the FIBaro rgbw handles the dimming etc so will just require a constant 12v supply? Am I missing something?

The manual states: “Fibaro RGBW Controller must be powered by 12VDC or 24 VDC stabilized power supply with outputs load capacity matched to loads voltage”.

I don’t see why it should be dimmable for exactly the reason you’re stating: the Fibaro device does all the dimming.

Perhaps your spark doesn’t entirely understand how it works?

Blockquote Just in the process of the spark setting up the RGBW and he’s saying I need a 60w+ power supply but it needs to be dimmable… Is this right?

No, power supply shall not be dimmed, as the RGBW controller does this. However, if the dimming requires only 10Watts output of your supply instead of the 60W (you may have at full load), the power supply should also be able to cope with that. Some LED power supplies are restricted with an power output range. Hence, the power supply should be one suitable for dimming by means of a dimmer (in this case the RGBW controller) , but not dimming itself.

Just make sure it’s a switched powersupply with loadrating 10% more then the max load you gonna put on it. So in your case 60 watt needs a 66 watt or more powersupply. Max 12amp for the fibaro rgbw