Node Red: A widget based dashboard working with Homey trough MQTT

Tank you.

I have some spot led light with fibaro dimmer 2 on. I have got theme in node red and i can turn it on/off. But i dont understand how to dim this lights.

Dim the lights using homey, and watch if there are MQTT messages are transmitted. (and look at the value range) Now use that mqtt subject with the addition of /set behind it to control the brightness. You can use a slider with the min and max value range.

Some sensors that I use is more important then others, for example outside temp, lux and wind.
It would be very nice to know that they are reporting. I sometimes see a flatline, the sensor or app thats reporting the value is faulty.
Is there a simple way to check these sensors?
I think like saving the last value in a variable and if that variable hasnt changed for like 30 minutes a flow or node-red send a message.

you can yuse the “when card” named “a device has not reported” and you can choose a duration for the time that the sensor het not report someting before it triggers the flow.

1 Like

A problem I have is that my Weather application keeps sending the same value even if it looses connection to my weather station, so I need something that checks that the value has changed

@Kalle_Kronbeck Node-RED RBE node?

Tanks for help.

Perfekt, looks like what I was looking for. Thanks

Tested RBE node now. It works but I want a alarm or something that can trigger something that the value hasnt changed for example 30 minutes

Make a virtual sensor en geve the sensor the value you receive from mqtt. Than it work the same way as i said before

I use it that way, didnt know that it was a “when card” named “a device has not reported”
Will try that

With this function it is also possible I think: Create 0-interval msg at window timeout

This quite an extensive tutorial which has been thoroughly written. A big thank you!!

Despite i feel like the ‘math lady meme’ at the moment this is worth diving into. Nice work!

1 Like

thanks for good help.
Any have some good thermostat use in node red. The nest styly look good but dident get it to work.

Got it to work with slider. But is it possible to use other than slider. Like moore modern style.

I’ve also experimented with the nest style, but I found it too bulky and clumsy. I don’t even like to use sliders on the touch screen. I’ve kept it simple now, and I think this is working the best. A large temperature text (I even removed those graphs). A indication if the heater is heating, and two buttons to increment en decrement the temperature by 0.5 degrees.

1 Like

Node red with “Location and Presence” through Owntracks

@Satoer. Thanks to your description and this node red thread I was able to create my own dashboard.
I have spend some time on figuring out how to increase the font size of label and of a ui_gauge.
Finally I found that I could do this by using the following: msg.ui_control={“options”:{“valueMinFontSize”:30,“labelMinFontSize”:25,“minLabelMinFontSize”:20,“maxLabelMinFontSize”:20}};

Now I am also looking into the possibility to use the ui_list for showing messages/warnings.
I am using a dark background. The font awesome icon in the ui_list is black and I want to change the color of the icon to e.g. grey.

Do you have any idea how to do this? I was not able to find any example ( I also googled some node-red threads not related to homey).

This is how my dashboard now looks like:

On my ipad the bell icon in the list is almost not visible. Below is an example of the same list on my PC.

I created a NodeRed dashboard after seeing what it can do here. Worked really well when I developed it on my laptop. Loading it initially on my wall mounted Android tablet works good. But I use Fully Kiosk Browser to show the dashboard full screen and turn the screen on when someone is in front of the tablet. Unfortunately it often happens that the screen stays dark when the screen is on our when I force a reload and it seems to keep loading when this happens. Is this something other people have encountered and is there a solution?