Node Red: A widget based dashboard working with Homey trough MQTT

Hi
In my flow I get a weird outcome for the temperature. What can I do to get it right?

all help is appriciated!

@Arnold_vd_Linden I have created a static layout by placing everything in one group, with a width of 24. Before that, I have changed the Widget size to 36x36. This fits exactly on an iPad

and

@Tangodelta Received my Nest Hub a few days ago. I got it working. “Hey Google, show dashboard” presents my Node RED dashboard on the hub. In Homey, I have created a flow to cast a website (being my Node RED dashboard) to the Nest Hub. A new virtual Switch triggers the flow. In Google Home, the new virtual switch will shows up, then create a new routine for the switch; When I say “Show Dashboard”, turn on the virtual switch. In Homey use a virtual switch (Socket), in my case a “button” did not show up in Google Home as a device.

@MFM_Bart What does the function node do in your flow?

@Paul_Grevink
It’s a aqara sensor with following code;

msg1={};\nmsg1.payload = {\n \”command\” : \”udevice\”,\n \”idx\” : 4,\n \”nvalue\”: 0,\n \”svalue\” : msg.payload.temperature.toString(),\n \”battery\”: msg.payload.battery\n}\n\nreturn
It has obvious Some errors.

Ow so easy :thinking:
Thank you very much for the response :+1:

Here is some extra info. I changed the flow and it’s contents, but still does not work.

What am I missing?

Hello @mfm_bart, although I am very new to this subject, I would recommend
using the MQTT Explorer http://mqtt-explorer.com/ (see also previous comments)
and watch the output of the Aquara sensor.
I do not have the Aquara sensor, but have some Fibaro and Xiaomi sensors for temperature and humidity.
I just create a “MQTT IN” node with a topic like:
homie/homey-topic/wosensor-woonkamer/measure-temperature
and connect straight to a Gauge node
If you want, I can sent you some code or screenshots.

Hi @Paul_Grevink ,
If I create a “MQTT IN” node with the topic homie/homey-topic/temperatuur-serre/measure-temperature and connect it straight to a GAUGE node it does nothing.

In the debug window I can see that I use the right topic and the MQTT Explorer shows the temperature and the humidity. So I still must do something wrong but I don’t know what. If you could sent me some code that could help I would be very pleased. Thank you.

Hello @MFM_Bart OK, here are some screenshots from a hygrometer and a Gauge:
MQTT
The MQTT Explorer > I want measure-humidity in my gauge

The flow, 2 nodes:

MQTT-IN
The MQTT-IN node, see topic

For completeness, also the broker settings

The Gauge

Result
And the result

I hope this will help you.

Thank you very much!

It works now. The trick is to use the legacy support.

Now I am going to try to make a workable dashboard.

Thanks again.

Hi all,

When I use the homey MQTT broker with the MQTT explorer and switch a light on then I can see in the explorer that the light was turned on and also the zigbee2mqtt node appears in the explorer. so far so good.

When I use the MQTT broker on my nas and switch the same light on, I can see it in the explorer but it hasn’t turned on and also zigbee2mqtt node doesn’t appear in the explorer.

How can I solve this?

Can someone help me please?

I get data from the watermeter that is in m3 and I want it to be shown in liters.
For example I receive 0.24 that needs to be 240 liters.

I tried this but that isn’t working:

I think I have to use a function method bit don’t know how to make te script for this conversion.

Hi @Arnold_vd_Linden,
try this one:

[{"id":"db767d8c.8ed11","type":"tab","label":"Flow 1","disabled":false,"info":""},{"id":"bacce943.1bd8a8","type":"inject","z":"db767d8c.8ed11","name":"","topic":"Inject","payload":"0.24","payloadType":"num","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"x":160,"y":100,"wires":[["a873c2d4.27d1"]]},{"id":"a873c2d4.27d1","type":"unit-converter","z":"db767d8c.8ed11","category":"volume","inputUnit":"m3","outputUnit":"l","inputField":"payload","outputField":"payload","inputFieldType":"msg","outputFieldType":"msg","name":"","x":400,"y":100,"wires":[["8b641334.2aff9"]]},{"id":"8b641334.2aff9","type":"debug","z":"db767d8c.8ed11","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","x":650,"y":100,"wires":[]}]

That’s working :slight_smile:
Thank you very much!

Can someone tell me what to do?

I have a flow that works through the homey mqtt broker app.

The flow contains the following code:
receiver:
boolean: boolean
switch:
transmit:
mqtt explorer: explorer2
It shows onoff=true and it works.

If I use my mqtt broker on my nas the same flow does not work!
mqtt explorer: explorer1

What do I have to do to get it work???

Thanks for your help!

20bbc47bce2201f56fe839e15b1562a56463cfba_2_375x500

@ [Magnus_P]
how to make the sliders and the on/off button in one line
can you share the code

You have to change the setting in the switch to “Switch item shows the state of input”
I had the same issue

Thanks for your answer.

Sadly if I do that it Still does not work. And even the switch returns to it’s formeren position on it’s own.

does anyone know how to operate my tado thermostat en has an example flow for this??

If you set the “Switch item shows the state of input” option, the switch shows the true state of the light if you set it outside of the dashboard. But this isn’t part of your question. If it works with the Homey Broker, and not with the Nas-broker these are the first steps I would take:

• Make sure the right node red MQTT server is selected
  • Make sure the IP address and port is configured (rename the MQTT server so you are absolutely sure you have chosen the right one)
  • Make sure the Homey MQTT Hub and MQTT Client is connected to the same server’s IP address and port.
  • Restart the MQTT hub and MQTT Client (configuration => restart app).