Nuki Bridge Api (local) App
This is an alternative Homey app for the Nuki Smart Lock. The official app in the Homey app store created by Athom uses the web API for communication with your Nuki. The official app polls your device for changes in the lockstate which reduces the battery life of your Nuki and depends on an internet connection between your Nuki Bridge and the Nuki cloud.
This alternative app only requires internet access during pairing of your Nuki but relies completely on local communication between Homey and your Nuki for updates in lockstate changes. When your Nuki changes the lockstate it will notify Homey directly of the changed lockstate without the need to poll your Nuki. Another difference it that it brings back the other possible lockactions like “Lock n Go” which where available in the previous community Nuki app and which are missing in the new official Homey app. So benefits from this app of the official app are:
- no internet connection needed for communication between Homey and Nuki
- no polling needed for lockstate updates
- faster response times because direct communication
- being able to set all possible lock actions
This app is not available in the Homey app store since Athom does not want two Nuki apps in their app store. Installation will require you to sideload this app with a CLI install. This requires some technical knowledge. The latest version of the Nuki Bridge API app can be found in the following GitHub repository.
Adding your Nuki
Follow these steps to add your Nuki to Homey after you have installed the app.
- Select the ‘Nuki Smart Lock’ app when adding a device and select a Nuki Smart Lock
- Confirm adding a Nuki Smart Lock and wait for the discovery process to start
- Press the button of your Nuki Bridge(s) during the discovery process
- Select the Nuki(s) you wish to add to Homey and confirm
You Nuki(s) have now been added to Homey.
I enjoy creating apps for Homey and try to support them as best as I can. If you enjoy using my apps a donation in return for the time I put into this is much appreciated.