Homey Community Forum

Options to trigger flows every 10 minutes like 12:02 - 12:22 - 12:42 - 13:02?

I have several flows which I don’t want to trigger the way Homey would trigger. If I for example select every 25 minutes, then Homey trigger this flow like 12:00 - 12:25 - 12:50 - 13:00. So always exactly at 12:00, 13:00, 14:00.
I don’t want that because it gets too crowded at every full hour with triggering flows and experiencing therefore some lag.

Is it possible to trigger flows for example like every 12:02 - 12:12 - 12:22 without creating individual flows for every exact time?

You can start the flow every 10 minute and add a two minutes delay if you want the flow to run after 12 minutes.

Thanks, that is the workaround I currently use. However there is still some activity when the flow triggers, as well as a counter for each flow, again causing lag specially when there are quite a bit of such flows.

I notice this lag from flows running every (half)hour creating bell sounds (12 bells at 12:00). The lag causes the first two/three bells to sound almost simultaneously instead of each three seconds a bell.

That would create “crowd” as @Berend says. The flow starts then but delays commands. I don’t know if that’s a problem for Homey. If you have the Pro version there is a lot of CPU and RAM to get things going I would say.

If you really want this, add a timer of 10 minutes. Start it at 00:02, when it reaches zero, reset it and do your THEN-thing.

Why do you need multiple flows that run every couple of minutes? This is something you should avoid, and you almost always can. I have hundreds of flows, none of those run using every xx minutes.