Osram to hue to Homey?

Hi!

I got My zigbee devices connected through my Hue Bridge but and everything works great in Homey but I also have a Osram Outdoor plug connected in the bridge that homey refuses to accept through the bridge (can connect OK directly to Homey but then it won´t mesh with the rest). Any suggestions? Am I missing something here?

Thankful for any suggestions and help
//Benni

So your question is how to control the OSRAM plug witch is connected to Philips hue bridge with Homey?

Exactly, sorry for the confusion.

I´ve tried to go into the hue app and “add a light” but it connects to the bridge OK but can´t find any lights (correction, New lights that is) (it is a plug however).

Any suggestions?

Attach the OSRAM to a room in hue bridge. Then turn the ‘lights’ on/off of that room in Homey.
Voilà

HI!

I´ve tried it but I only get that the device doesn´t respond.
In the hue app it looks OK but it doesńt show up in Homey as a device

What am I doing wrong here?

I made a feature request a couple of days ago for supporting 3rd party plugs in the hue app. Maybe you should too so it moves up the prioritylist.
https://support.athom.com/hc/nl/requests/new

You’re correct, it does not show up as a device in Homey. But yiu van control it in Homey.
In the ‘then’ colom add a card 'philips hue, then select the room switch all lights on. Then select witch room.

I hope they will merge my change, in the meanwhile you can sideload my version of the Philips Hue app if you can’t wait any longer like me :slight_smile:

Wow, thats great!
I won’t be able to sideload until next week but thanks a lot!

I have created an new version, when you chose bulb the socket will be added as a bulb, and you can add it as a socket.

Handy when you use Google Home.

Only little bug with HomeKit and socket that the device will me double in HomeKit. I will look later why that is.

3 Likes

Do you know if they have included your osram change in their hue 4.2.0 app?
Would love to see the energy update working, but i guess I need the new app for it but do not want to loose the osram on/off connectivity.