Homey Community

Pairing Ikea tradfri problems

app

Hi,

I’m trying to expand my homey system with two Ikea Tradfri gu10 dimmable spots. First I had problemen that homey didn’t find the spots but after resseting the spots homey starts the pairing persoon. Only of stops at that point to. Homey says something like: appliance will be added. And after sometime it says no zigbee device detected. Or of say something went wrong try another time

I’ve had Ikea Trådfri running in Homey before, tried for a while having them connected via the bridge, but decided to go back to direct connection yesterday after updating to latest Homey FW and the beta of the Trådfri app as I need them as repeaters - and have had absolutely no luck adding the bulbs to Homey again…
Have tried both RGB and two different types of adjustable white - no success whatsoever - resetting them and re-adding them to the Trådfri bridge works without any problems at first try…

I haven’t managed yet, but looking at this thread might help: Smartthings

Gave up - moved all Trådfri to run via Deconz in a Docker container controlling them via an integration in Home Assistant…

I had the same problem. Solved by first pairing the lamps to Ikea Gateway and waiting for all the lamps to update their firmware.

Afterwards I had no issues pairing them to Homey.

Note: Also had the lamps very close to Homey during pairing.

I finally managed by setting up every bulb right next to Homey. They wouldn’t connect to Homey for the first time or be reset anywhere else. I just put a lamp with an E27 and a lamp with an E14 socket next to Homey. After setting up a bulb next to Homey (setting it for the intended zone straight away) I moved it to the intended spot and it kept working.

I have two GU10 spots which are located in the kitchen where Homey is, so no problem there. For lamps that are controlled by the same wall switch I had to remove the lamps that were set up to be able to set up the other ones one by one. Only when all of them were set up I could add the lamps I previously set up and control them individually using Homey.

Right now I’m trying to figure out whether I can use the Tradfri RGB switches and motion sensors with Homey, but no luck yet.