[APP] Philips Hue - Transform the way you experience light

As I told in another topic, I’m using the Philips Hue Zigbee version for now. You don’t need the Hue Bridge anymore and it’s working!

Homey Day 5 - since Homey Pro arriving

I am running v4.05 and yesterday Homey ‘Lost’ all the Hue devices on one of the two Hue Hubs.

Restarting the Hue App - nope
Restarting Homey - Nope

Reboot Hue Hub - success

Nice. I need the Philips Hub to control through other means (for the WAF) and I like the firmware s to be up to date. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I suspect 4.0.4 introduced a memory leak; the Athom Hue app stops roughly once a day since the 4.0.4 update, making all my Hue devices unavailable to Homey unless I restart the app. Updating to 4.0.5 didn’t solve the issue.

Restarted it at around 14.00 hrs today, using 30 MB of memory. At 21.00 hrs already at 53 MB and at 06.00 hrs 71.0 MB and counting…

On 4.05 pretty stable at 60MB for me.

Despite the 4.0.6 update, I’m still getting a Hue app crash once every day…

My experience was the opposite. Everything was fine before 4.0.6. Now I getting crashes daily

The same here, since 4.0.6 the App crashed several times per day!

I am still suffering ‘lost’ one of two Hue Hubs every time Homey is rebooted.

Every time either hub 1 or Hub 2 is lost and requires that I hard reboot both Hue Hubs for Homey to ‘see’ them again.

Only one of them will show then about 30 -60 minutes later the other one will appear.

I have raised bug report with Homey - for 4.05 same issue with 4.06 :slight_smile:
I am having to reboot Homey as it seems to get a little locked up while I am adding all my devices.

Eventually it runs so slow I have to reboot to get it working again - I am hoping once fully loaded it will settle down.

Any plans for supporting the new “Zone” option? (Possible to cluster lights beyond rooms)

Hey @Busta999 The first time does it never come up or do they eventually work again? If I restart Homey, all three Hue Hubs are gone relatively long (half hour and more), but eventually they all come up. For comparison: my Very Light takes less then 3 minutes after booting to “find and connect” Philips Hue Hubs. Withint 5 minutes everything is working again.

It finds one quickly the other it can take an hour or more usually after I reboot the Hue Hub.

But then I was experiencing random outages of each Hue Hub even when the UniFi AP was plugged into the same switch as the Hue Hubs.

Unfortunately, due to a bug in the Secure Horstmann app, reported to Dev, stops control of the Secure SSR302 Heating Controller :frowning:

Which means I have to buy another zwave Controller to run all the thermostats, TRVs etc so with great sadness I am returning Homey.

I’ll keep a close eye on Homey and if it later supports the Secure SSR302 then I will purchase it again.

Hi

I am new to Homey and in the process of adding all my devices to it. I encountered some problems but most of them I can solve on my own. My biggest problem is to add the Philips Hue bridge and all attached bulbs (Philips and Ikea Tradfre) to the Homey. I cannot find the bridge in the Philips Hue app nor in the Philips zigbee app. I want all the bulbs to be available in homey but also via the philips bridge as I use other products that can only connect to the bridge. Further I have all the lamps already connected through the bridge and dont want to go through the process of connecting them again.

Please let me know how to import all the bulbs (and if possible all the accessoires) as well.

The bridge doesn’t show up. Go to devices, ad a device, choose your app and you get noticed which bridge has been discovered. After that you get the bulbs you want

Edit: you first have to chose the sort off device you want to add.

Thanx for the reply, however I dont understand what you mean.
In homey app in android I go to apparaten, then I click the little + sign at the top right, It asks me to Chose a brand, I go to search at the bottom and philips hue. Then it says chose a device. I have the choice of sensor, dimmer switch, lamp, plug, or tap. So where is the bridge?

Than Klick on the device witch you want add to homey and follow the screen instruction.

thanx Osorkon. I now have the lamps imported. Too bad there is no manual.

Anyone cares to explain me how to import the hue bridge routines?

You cannot import bridge routines. You however can make flows that behave like the bridge routines

What did you mean with routines?

Are you talking about scenes?

All scenes you created with the hue bridge you can use in flows.

In the then part choose the Hue app