[APP] Philips Hue - Transform the way you experience light

Do you know anything about Lightwave? I bought a 3 gang dimmer switch but can’t get it to homey? I don’t want to buy the hub because I only need one dimmer switch.

Cheers

Thanks Jamie but it was so unreliable so I bought the Hue bridge and solved it that way. Now its running perfectly.

Also you have the advantage to be able to get the latest firmware with security updates and such on your bulbs. And the advantage that if Homey breaks, you can still control your lights.

1 Like

I have added the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch to Homey, and have it added to my Philips bridge v2 too.

The dimmer switch can start a scene => press once, twice …press 5 times. What the multiple press actons do, is defined in the Philips Hue App.

In Homey, the trigger / switch is available as a trigger, but only see that ON is available. How can I use the multiple press options?

Hey Jamie, saw in the Hue app that the impress pedestal is now supported, do you happen to know if it´s the low voltage impress pedestal light or the standard 220 V–240 V pedestal? Cause i currently have my eyes on the low voltage one.

I have no idea any more, I went to add the additional Lights only to find the repo is now private.

I don’t get I, why did homey removed their hue app from github? GitHub - ericbv/nl.philips.hue: Philips Hue app for Homey shows only commits from 2016 and https://github.com/athombv/nl.philips.hue doesn’t exists anymore… I can’t believe it. If that’s not a mistake then homey goes definitely into the wrong direction, nobody will help to improve their product if they make it private. I’ve as well added some code to their app to get my use case done.

My philips hue color spots are showing as green in the homey app while they are set to the standard “bright” hue scene which is yellow.
is there a way to solve this?

Hi!
I’ve current got the 4.4.2 version installed and I need to restart the app on daily basis due to a memory leak. The app pauses and my lights are unavailable, this has been a problem for over a month now.

My workaround is to set a flow that restarts the Hue App at 12.00 everyday. Memory usage starts at 40 MB and work it self up to 76 MB and the crashes, usually around 5-6 am in the morning. So I would need to restart the app every 12th hour for my smart home to work as expected.

Can you please fix this issue, it makes one of my favorite apps suck.

Let me know if you need any logs to be able to reproduce this.

here you are on the right way if you want to report a bug

Hi I have been trying to work out if there is a way to enable the feature where we could put a HTML value in as the colour rather then using the colour Selection wheel as we could in the old versions?

I can’t remember how many versions ago this was enabled but it used to make setting the exact colour across multiple devices much easier.

As below we now have the wheel where as before we had a value generated when you selected the colour which you could copy to other devices.

Thanks !

I noticed the same, because of these actions I’ve started actively looking for alternatives. The hue app became unstable about a year ago without any fixes since, and the bug report goes unnoticed.

The only change is that they made the repo private, making it impossible to contribute to fixing it…

1 Like

Are there more people where delayed dimming does not work?
I let the bed lamp start up in 20 minutes to 40%, but after 20 minutes no response goes to 40% in one go.

15 sec of delay also do not work :expressionless:

Philips hue app by homey crashes multiple times per day now
Anyone else having this problem?

No, if you are talking about the Athom Hue app for the hue bridge, it never crashes were.
I’m on app version 4.4.2 and Homey 4.0.0

Yes, for over a year. Memory rises and rises until the app pauses. The app has to be restarted several times a day via flow.

Strange that many seems to have problems and i have non. I have 2 bridged running and all works steady with Homey. Are you on the same app and Homey version as i am? (See my post above).
My Homey is an early 2016 model.

1 Like

I also have 2 bridges running and it looks like it’s getting worse every day now

Bought a Homey Pro (early 2019) about 3 weeks ago and since the beginning it keeps on stopping the Philips Hue app (v 4.2.2)

I’ve contacted homey support which told me they look into this issue but as i have already seen there a much issues with different users for a year now. So I don’t get much hope Homey support will fix this soon

May be dependent on the amount and types of devices that are paired with the bridge.

In the beginning I also had problems from time to time.
At some point the problems were solved. Since that day I only had to restart the Hue App once.
Unfortunately I can’t explain what caused this change, sorry.

I have 8 lamps and 2 dimmer switches connected to the Philips Hue Bridge.