[APP] Philips Hue - Transform the way you experience light

I have around 90 hue lights, it’s a mix of bulbs and spots. Ibut this is getting pretty annoying now when coming home and nothing is working, motion keypads etc…

Flows for now are (apart from regular flows)
Restart hue app when arriving home
Restart app 3 times a day

1 Like

I can understand that.

Perhaps a third bridge would help? With 90 lamps, the maximum number is nearly reached.

But the fact is that some have problems with the Homey Hue App and some don’t.

I have around 140 hues on 3 bridges, no problems in that area. I did chose the zigbee channels right between the main wifi frequencies. Homey Pro, however, is giving me troubles with 40+ zwave devices on it. I am going to move light switches to the homey pro and all secondary stuff, fans, heating, smoke detectors and such to a first batch homey. Hues, no issues. I do see leaks, but restart daily.

90 lamps, 140 lamps, I’m going crazy… :flushed:

But this is a good hint to set up the Zigbee channels between the wifi channels.

I’m also having issues with the Philips Hue app since a few days. It seems like it started after I pressed the button on the bridge to link the bridge to my new phone. Since then the app crashes a lot.
I noticed the memory usage goes up to around 75/80MB once in a while (probably until I reset the app).

CPU usage also shows the same graph, but went up to 0.0010% one time and just to 0.0001% every other time.

It looks like this issue: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2636, but I’m not 100% sure it happens when I turn on/off all the lights in a zone. I do use that card though, so it could be.

Having issues too. Haven’t changed anything in the Hue setup, but after the latest f/w update the Hue App crashes daily.

I made a flow to restart the App daily, as a work around.

strange, according to the releasenotes, they only updated some time settings for daylightsavings

I have also the “old” Hue App problems back with the new firmware release. First the App was only paused and since yesterday Homey is twice a day offline. I though this problems were solved, but now they are back again :pleading_face:

Question: How do you restart the app via a flow? I too have issues with the Philips Hue app crashing several times a day but I can’t seem to find that option in Homey to create a flow to restart the app.

1 Like

I think first at all you have to enable power user (more → Settings → Experiments)
Then you can choose in Then Part - System —> restart App

One time per day is not enough. In my case I have to restart the app every 6 o hours

1 Like

Hallelujah!! It looks like v4.2.0-rc.5 solves my Hue App memory issue! :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Have the same isseu i am going to update right now

New user here. I’m trying to control hue scenes from my Philips hue bridge using a flow. The idea is ‘If this flow is started’ ‘then activate hue scene’. All my devices from the hue bridge are synced to my Homey pro, but when I try to activate scenes in Homey, the items list is empty. I already tried deleting the Philips Hue app en reinstalling it. I also restarted Homey and I made and deleted several scenes in the official Hue app, but nothing helps, the list of items stays empty. Does anyone know what I can do to import scenes to my Homey?

I’ve added a screenshot and video. Hope someone can help!

https://youtu.be/YOeDqoQ8vGs

1 Like

Other than the better memory usage did you also notice that the polling time of Homey to Hue bridge is lower now than before.
I’m on Hue app 4.5.2 and Homey 4.2.0
I have tested it many times today and the status change in Homey was always around 2 seconds and never more than 2,5 seconds.
Before it could take up to 5 seconds.

HUE bridge is not device visible in the Homey.

1. Connect Philips Hue to your LAN
  2. SetUp mobile Philips Hue app
  3. Add devices to your mobile Philips Hue app
  4. In the Homey install applicatioin Philips Hue
  5. In the Homey add Device - Philips Hue - light/dimmer/whatever device from your mobile Philips Homey app you want to use in Homey
  6. In the Homey Build Flow using newly added devices from Hue

So you can’t add Hue bridge to the Home, you adding devices from Hue bridge to the Homey via correct application

Yes same problem here. The app has never cared me issues until just recently.

The only difference for me is I’ve added a second bridge, so I just assumed it was that causing the issue

Here to ask this very question, seems that all the scenes are there just not in a way that can be used…I’ll keep reading, another 90 ish posts to read

Here’s fun, and maybe worth knowing. If you use Variables to set Dim or Hue values in Homey instead of the % slider you have to use decimal so 12% becomes 0.12, but if you use Philips Hue Extension app you have to use 12 and not 0.12. I know different apps and different authors but still worth knowing.

1 Like

Hello

I want to activate a hue scene in a flow but that doesn’t work

The scene is not starting
Anyone else having this problem ?

1 Like

Hue scenes don’t work, homey can see the list, you can usually find “relax” listed as many times as you have rooms and zones but with no way of telling to which room it applies. They know about the problem and are going to resolve