[APP][Pro] Philips Hue Zigbee (Without the bridge)

Soo you’ve just choosed the motion sensor that it shows on the app (Indoor Sensor)
It add’s and works with the outdoor one?

(I thought it was just for the indoor one :person_facepalming:)

Just an IRC, this looks like the Hue Bridge app (made by Athom), not the Hue Zigbee app (direct connection to Homey) that this topic is about.

Yes, I understand that we were just discussing Wich would be the best app option to use with the outdoor motion sensor, that’s why there is some screenshots from the hue bridge app.
I use both of them, the developed by athom and this one here.

Yes I think so, but it’s long time ago… :man_shrugging:t3:

Thanks Johan,
I found out I had to use: Bulb A19, thanks again

1 Like

Philips motion sensor stops working after a while. Did several times a reset and new adding.
But the problem stays.

Are you running Homey 4? I used to have the same issue, but i did not encouter it on Homey 5. The sensors are running strong for over 2 weeks now.

Homey 5 newest rc.

Same issue here after latest 2.0.11 after a reboot of the app they work for a while again but not as reliable anymore as before. No changes made in zigbee network.

I Just want to give some credits to [@johan_bendz], im running on V5 RC34 and finally having all my Philps bulps etc. running on homey without bridge.
Aldo I hat to do a complete reset of the Homey zigbee, it all works flawless.
Yes I did add all routers first :wink:
no problems with Philips, Ikea and Aqara anymore.
The work restoring the flows is word working on when I saw the result.

Great job and a big thanks to all the “o so needed” developers.

Pim

5 Likes

Just got the Cher Pendant, and it’s not recognized by the app, just shows as a generic zigbee device. Any plans to add support for it?

Create a new issue on github with this information, then he will plan to add the device.

Homey <V4:

Missing a Philips Hue device?
Here is a short guide when you want to request a new device to be added.

1. Add the device to Homey as a Generic Zigbee device
  2. Tap and hold the device in the Homey app
  3. When in the device tap properties in the upper right corner
  4. Take a screenshot of the properties which will contain the info needed, see example below
  5. Link to the device on www.meethue.com

Make requests by adding it as an issue on GitHub Issues · JohanBendz/com.philips.hue.zigbee · GitHub.

1 Like

Hi @Sputnik, it’s supported in the firmware 5 version but with an older Product ID, I will add this new Product ID to next update.

@johan_bendz I saw on github it be will supported in the next update, thx!

Off-topic:
I’m really curious once Homey V5 becomes stable and will be pushed to all Homey users if Athom can expect that they all have to reset their zigbee mesh. And start to add all zigbee devices, starting with routers first. I mean it doesn’t sound very user friendly :frowning:

Adding routers first is not something that’s specific to v5. I think most users that had a stable Zigbee mesh before installing v5 still had a stable mesh after installing v5 (also, if you don’t have a good mesh on v4, don’t expect v5 to miraculously solve that; it may still be advisable to start over).

1 Like

I agree here, I had many routers (like 15-20 already in V4). In V5 I do have a stable mesh, and it seems much more responsive (faster). I did not reset my Zigbee network (would have been hell with almost 40 devices).

Having some issues adding new devices as we speak, but that seems to be an issue in the V5 firmware, to be resolved by Athom as we speak, is what I read elsewhere on the forum

1 Like

I Agree, My zigbee was stable, but with a philips hub and some zigbee Aqara battery stuff on Homey.
Now I got away from the Philips Hub, added routers first and after that all battery devices.

Works like a Sharm on Homey only.

Pim

I’ve upgraded homey to v5 and since then it has been running fine so far. So I thought lets switch my remaining bulbs and motion sensors from the bridge to homey.

Switching the motions sensors no problem, but when I want to add the E27 ambiance white with BT bulb I get the “took to long” error after 3-5 minutes.
I tried to reset the bulbs with the remote, but even then I received the “took to long” error.

Has any one an idea how to include the bulbs?
ps. I can include it back to the hue bridge just fine.

Start with the routers first (E27 or other bulps) after that the sensors (battery) should work.
Make sure you have the beta apps downloaded for V5

Hi Pim,

Thank you for the reply, i’m on v2.0.11. I think that’s the latest version.

I already have a 27 zigbee devices routers (12 Hue lights) and end devices, 14 devices directly connected to homey.

I removed the last 2 Hue motion sensors, that also did not help.
PTP for 15 minutes also didn’t work :frowning:

Any other idea’s?