[App][Pro] Plex Media Server Playlist Caster

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why does my login to plex fail whilst I have two factor authentication enabled?
A: This app does not support 2fa authentication but there is a simple workaround for this. See the known issues section below for details.

Q: One more servers show offline even though they are reachable, do I need to repair them?
A: No. Under some circumstances the routing to the server needs to update. Please wait 5 minutes. The connection should heal automatically and connect the server again.

Q: Why does my big playlist not start playing?
A: It does. But processing big playlists takes several seconds before the playback can be started.

Q: Next/Prev playlist does not iterate through all playlists.
A: The command iterates through playlists of the same kind only. So if you are playing a music playlist it will only cycle through music playlists. It will also use the same shuffle setting as the last playlist was started with.

Q: When casting a video playlist it does not start playing.
A: You most likely try to play a file format which is not natively supported by your cast device. Unfortunately this is a limitation of this app for the time being.

Q: When playing a playlist my Plex dashboard does not show this app doing anything.
A: This is normal. This app does not register as a playback or controller device, hence why no activity is shown in your Plex account. But it needs to reside there to have access to your Plex servers.

Q: My playlist won’t start playing, no matter how long I wait. What’s going on?
A: Yeah, this should not happen at all. However, there is a slight chance that the device you are trying to play the playlist on has an instable network connection.

Known Issues

Issue: Authentication with the plex account fails if two factor authentication is active.
Workaround: Temporarily disable the 2fa authentication in your account and authenticate the app. Your credentials are used once only, to retrieve an access token for the app for your account. You will see this app show up in your plex account’s clients list. You can safely reenable the 2fa authentication afterwards. The app stays connected to your account.

Issue: Playing to a Google TV device does not show title/track information when playback starts.
Remarks: I don’t know why this is happening. The track information is there as you can see in the Google Home app. I suspect this is a bug on Google device side.

Issue: Playlists are not loading on the action card input.
Remarks: This typically happens either if your authentication to the server was revoked, or if one of the servers you paired is offline. There is no workaround for this at the moment except for removing the offline server.