Power on a PS4 with Homey?

Anyone know a way to power on a PS4 with Homey?

I have a harmony remote and hub but it doesnt power up the Playstation :frowning:

Does the PS4 have ā€˜HDMI Startā€™? You could find out if your TV has that as well and then start your TV with Homey, change to a specific HDMI channel, which would boot your PS4!

2 Likes

PS4 is only allowed to be turned on by the PS4 controller.
This is a security restriction by Sony, no way around it.

Unless you can use something like this to push the power button on the PS4 :stuck_out_tongue:

That bot looks awesome if a little pricey

Looks like iā€™m stuck with either the HDMI option (is possible), or nothing for the time being

Sorry, youā€™re right, CEC does work with PS4, forgot about that (disabled it because it messes up the Harmony sync)

The is* was meant to be if* - iā€™m not sure I can in my setupā€¦

The PS4 supports it: https://community.playstation.com/content/pdc/us/en_US/pdc-communities/playstation-general.topic.html/ps4_cec_support_a-jyo0.html

But if your setup has more than a TV and settop-box (and even in that situation), IMHO CEC is useless. It always messes up. :roll_eyes:

Yeah, agreed. Iā€™ve always had it off because it always causes issuesā€¦

I guess I could connect the PS4 direct to the TV and then put the optical out to the amp? (All assuming my TV has the required function)

I use the smart TV appā€¦ One trigger I made is, when I say ā€œOk Homey, Playstationā€, my tv comes to life, displays the message ā€œGAME TIMEā€ and I have the input switch to the HDMI port of my PS4 which switches on due to thatā€¦ No controller neededā€¦

For more info about devicelink: https://manuals.playstation.net/document/nl/ps4/settings/devicelink.html

You can start a PS4 with a Harmony remoteā€¦

Nope, you canā€™t ā€¦

How about wake up lan? You tried that as well?

My bad. Sorry

If i say something specific: Playstation
Then: Samsung ir remote

• send command: hdmi2

That powers up the PS4 in my case.
(Make sure the HDMI-CEC is turned on in PS4 settings)