Homey Community Forum

Power Supply

I just set up my brand new Homey last night. It came shipped with an adaptor for Australian power, but the adaptor is pretty flimsy, and can easily come unplugged.

Can I use any 5v DC 2A USB power supply without blowing up my little white ball?

That will be correct. Just make sure the adapter is at least 2A!

Can I ask you mate where from you bought your Homey? Thought that serious shops here down under put the effort and change the adaptor all together with an Australian one.

Using mine with a 10W iPad adaptor since 2.5 years now without a problem.

Thank you both.

I bought mine direct from the Athom store. I too thought they would have sent an AU power supply.

Ah, OK. I’ve bought mine from Athom store, too. Before they had any Australian distributors.
At least yours came with an adaptor. My one came with nothing.

i guess i should count myself lucky. sort of.

I bought mine from Athom, it came with a AU adaptor - but it caused my Homey to restart every couple of minutes and delete my flows :stuck_out_tongue:

I also used iPhone plug which worked well, and currently just have it plugged directly into a belkin power board (2.4 AMP)

https://www.amazon.com.au/Belkin-BSV604au2M-Travel-Surge-Protector/dp/B074858LY9/ref=asc_df_B074858LY9/

Thanks Jamie. I tried plugging it straight into the USB port of a 2.5 amp powerboard. Works perfectly.