Presence detection recommendation

that cheap?

I am curious about the range of these beacons, wouldn’t it go out of range as you walk around the house? or you dont carry the beacon around?

I said i am waiting for it to be delivered and will test it.

Updates?

Hey, after some time for testing the only one out of mentioned (3,39USD) is acceptable. The rest started to be inactive after some time. This one works flawlessly. I increased the number of Homey beacon checking to 20x. I prefer to trigger Away only after certain time and it also helpd to avoid false triggers.

1 Like

Tried Locative with webhooks firm @Rocodamelshekima. Still works perfect. Not one time a malfunction. But you need to have your phone with you. My sun kniws when Ivam coming home because Sonos starts playing.

Just bought some new Tiles and they are not connecting to my homey. Putting them on hide in the app.

As of today Homey offers w/ the very latest versions (3.x?) and the latest BetaApp (TestFlight) a quite a reliable detection of presence / absence.

How do you know this? Is this for android also because it’s stil not working very good

Dunno about android but at least for iOS it’s working now. But as mentioned - could be the others devices fault as well. :slight_smile:

Right now on my iPhone the automatic location detection has stopped working. It shows me all the time +20 km’s away from where I live (always at the same spot).
I have a feeling it is related to the app which since a while (maybe the latest update?) resets every time I switch to it.

I’m now using IFTTT to set location as suggested further up the thread and it seems to work.

Need to revise myself… it’s not stable.
Great job, Athom. :joy:

Will continue using Apples presence detection.

I have a flow that:

When - Front door opens (door sensor)
And - Nobody is at home (presence)
Then - Send push etc

Problem is that when I test it I get an error symbol on the presence card and I can´t understand why.
I have other flows triggering when I leave home and they work as they should.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanx Roy, this is the flow as a simple test and as you can see it´s the built in Homey Presence that is getting an error when I use the test function. I have other flows with the built in Homey Prescence cards and they work as they should so I really don´t know why “Nobody is at home” does not.

I was going to try switching the “When” and the “And” to:

• When “Nobody is at home” - And “The contact alarm turned on” but built in presence does not have that option as a “When card”

No i thought I wouldn´t have to be. Other flows that has presence trigger when I´m leaving home work even though I´m still at home. Is it that those flows have the presence as “when” cards and therefore I can test what is happening as I leave home, but when presence is in a “and” card I need to actually be away from home? Hmm…

Just started realizing it. Thank you for taking your time.

2 Likes

Wondering whether it worked meanwhile or if you just didn’t dare to enter your alarm secured home now anymore since 19 days… :joy:

Witch precence do you use ? A door sensor is seen by Homey as presence, i use presence by the wifi connection of my gsm app on Homey

The problem I had was not understanding the test flow option completely.
What is this GSM app you are talking about?

Anyhow I still havent found a reliable presence detection using my phone.

I have tried the built in presence detection by Homey: It works when leaving but not when coming home, and sometimes it thinks I´ve left home when I´m still at home. A bit anoying when you´ra at home and all of a sudden all the lights go out and the front door locks.

I have tried using IFTTT for geofencing but I feel that is even more unreliable than Homey´s.

I tried the “Smart Presence” app but that didn´t work at all. I have all my wifi devices using static IP and was able to add the phone in the app settings, but still I get no presence detection at all using this app.

I use the Smart presence app and it works super ! We have 4 gsm phones and it works just fine with that.

I have tried them all. None of them worked a 100% maybe it’s the brand of the phone. We all have huawei

1 Like