Pushover Notifications

I just installed this app and entered my user and api key, and all looks well, but if I try to add a push message to a flow, I can not save the card? I set the target to user and fill in title and message, but the mark on top to save it stays greyed out? I can only go back, and discard.
Even when I choose notification to device, I can see my devices and select one, but same thing, I cannot save it
Any help would be appreciated, thanks

1 Like

I have the same problem. When ‘making’ the app homey in pushover.net, all you have to do is ad ‘homey’ without any further settings??

Hi, is the App tested om Homey version 5 Rc.50? The App is stopping unexpected.
A message receiving created in to the website is working well.
Please help?

Will this app still work after the 30d free trial? Or will I have to pay after the trial?

Hej,
is it possible to send notifications to different users or more than one group?

i get an network error when executing the flow using advanced flows.
The push message is delivered to the device but the flow errors.
2022-10-25_ 162436

Any chance the app could support the custom sounds that are now available from PushOver?
As describe here, you need to get the list of available sounds from the API to be able to offer custom sounds.

Hi Ton

Please Update the App to Homey SDK v3. That would be so great, when the App works on the new Homey Pro, when the device is available.

Best
feron

Ton has stated on Github he wants to rewrite the app for SDK3

(And I don’t think he minds getting a donation from people benefiting from his work, it might even encourage him)

An update for homey 2023 would be awesome !

I installed the app but have a few questions

1. can I select users ? Example want to send message only to a certain person ? Can only see user and group or device but only my device

2( every member of the family must they buy a subscription ?

1. are messages limmited individual and group ?

Hi All,

Version 1.0.0 is just released in the test channel, you can install it via: Pushover Notificaties | Homey

This version is made compatible with SDK3, I later plan to add functions like custom sounds and glances (pushing small bits of info to a Apple Watch).
I also want to change the way the app works to be more in line with the Homey UI

@Mark1541 1. No not at the moment.
2. No as far as I know Pushover is free for individuals.
3. I think the limit is 10.000 messages a month.

My Pushover app is updated to 1.0.0 experimental, but sending an image does not work anymore. Do not know if that is already a known bug.

Thanks @Julian this seems to be indeed broken, will fix this before releasing to stabe.

3 Likes

@PandaNL Do you have a timeline when stable is available? I use this card a lot so if this will take some time I need to change some flows.

@Julian Not yet, I have some problems with with uploading the image to Pushover API. The new SDK3 requires another way of handeling images.

@Julian version 1.1.0 is now in testing fase. This should fix the image card. Can you test it?

Also let me know which Homey you use.

@PandaNL I tested it and it works! I have a Homey Pro 2019.

If I may ask, which app do you use to get a image drop token?

I’m testing image grabber, this works for Homey 2019, but not for Homey Pro 2023. I don’t know if this is a issue in my code or in the image grabber app.

Hi,

Just tried to send an image on my Homey Pro Early 2023, first thing I noticed is I seem to be missing the flowcard Pushover Image(Device)

Homey Pro Early 2023

Older Homeys

I have always used the Pushover Image(Device) card but now I’ve used the Send message with images to but that doesn’t seem to work at all for me, I receive nothing.

Next I made a flow with these action cards:

tried both user and group

This results in only the last message being received, the error I get is this one:
Without anything useful in the browser console.

(I have no Delivery Groups set up on my Pushover account, if this is related I would assume I could do without)