Qubino mini dimmer always start with full power

When i turn on the dimmer with homey it always start up with full power. If i set it for example to 50% strength and turn it off, it starts with 100% when i turn it on again. If i use the wallswitch the dimmer “remember” the last value, but not when using Homey.

Do anyone have a solution?

Please open a case at support. I have done so too. All I could do was create a flow which resets to lower value when turned on.

Ok, i will do so. Thanks.

I actually think there are 2 issues.

1. Not showing the sun symbols at the dimmer slide bar. This is purely cosmetic, but annoys me a lot.
  2. Hitting the on button always results in 100% brightness.

I now have created a flow which dims to 3% after hitting the ‘on’ button. This is very annoying sometimes because if hitting the physical button twice, i’d like it to go to 100%, after this action it dims back to 3%, like it should. Then you have to hit it twice again to stay at 100%. But at least it’s better than hitting the switch on the app and blinding me in the mornings.

Hi, I have the same problem the Qubino always start with full power. Somebody have found the solution? Thanks…

Still same bug, athom knows but clearly has no priority. Please report to them support@athom.com

the problem with Athom is that they always answer you that they will take care of it soon !!! :rage:

Qubino is now responseble for the app, try to contact them.

I know their answer in advance …! it will be the same answer as a few days ago about Fibaro Roller shutter 3: "I hope the solution can be tested soon" :joy:

Hi, this is my first post in the Homey community. I moved from Smartthings to Hubitat as ST removed support for Webcore but as I had so much problems with Hubitat I thought I throw money at the problem and try Homey! So far it has been an interesting journey! However, the problem is that most of my Z-Wave wall switches is of the brand Qubino hence I’m looking in this thread as my dimmers are turning on at full level. I reached out to Qubino and they have the solution for this problem but they don’t have time to implement it (I will post the solution below). How do I get Homey technicians to update the device handler (app)??

Answer from Qubino:
Thank you very much for reaching out to us,

I think you’re talking of the button in the app. The issue with that is the command the button is sending. It is true that the app is not more developed by the Homey but until the last few releases the app was build from Homey developers and they choose to use the SWITCH_BINARY_SET command. this command as its name is telling is binary so with it is possible only to send 0 or full command. They should use the SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_SET value FF and SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_SET 00. This command set the light to 0 and the last non 0 value. Like this you would be able to set the full only on the slider and the button will be used to switch the light between the 0 and the last value that was set before the light was turned on.

Right now the Homey Qubino app is on hold, that’s because all of our developers are busy to program the new series 800 devices. As you may know already our company was bought by the Allterco (Shelly) company and now we are developing all of their WiFi devices on the Z-Wave.

First ones coming out very soon :wink:

I can give you the raw commands that you can use to send the dimmer to the desired value, the below is the send the mini dimmer to the last non 0 value:
0x26, 0x01, 0xFF, 0x00
0x26, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 set dimer to 0 instantly (change the last two 00 if you want it to go slower)
0x26, 0x01, 0x63, 0x00 set dimer to full instantly (change the last two 00 if you want it to go slower)

Any value from 00 to 63 (marked bold above) in hexadecimal is a percentage of the dimming so with this command you can set any value (percentage) of dimming.

NOTE: one more trick if you modify the last 00 to another value you can set the time that the dimmer will need to go to that value

I hope I was able to help you, if you have any additional questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Igor, Technical support

Qubino by Goap

I hope someone can fix this or I need to spend more money to buy new switches.

you should not use the “ON” command but insteat of that, use the “DIM TO …%” command, for switching on a light. Otherwise you can use the mentioned RAW-value methode, all of this can be done in the normal flows, so no problems.

Thanks for the quick reply, Yes, I did the “Dim to” workaround but then you can’t use the “Turn on zones”. Why not just change the device handler so it does what it suppose to? Would be easer for everyone.

You must excuse my ignorance but coming from Webcore I tested “Normal flows”, deleted the flow and thought, never again. Why even keep the “Normal flows” when we have advance flow, but that is another question that we should not discuss here :blush:

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply.

This is really annoying. I have the same issue: Homey goes to 100% brightness with the Flush Dimmers I have. It should just invoke the last dim level. The raw command mentioned above should be invoked by the Qubino app instead of going to 100% brightness. That should be an easy adjustement for the devs you would think. Is the support gone now they are acquired by Shelly?