Qubino ZMNHXD1 3-phase smart meter

Thanks HarmJ! Problem is that I have a big amount of qubino modules so not being able to use the standard qubino app at the same time is a killer for me :flushed: In the meantime I also read the entire 80 posts and I get it now, I thought somehow you hot the athom sources and fixed it, but I underage and now that the qubino guys are now doing this. I guess I will have to wait until either qubino or athom release the official app. Anything else I could do to help anything?

Marc,

Thanks for your response. I donr have the meter installed at the moment because I am about to move. Maybe after the move we can check why the values wont refresh? But maybe in the meantime athom added the meter :stuck_out_tongue:

This looks interesting guys.
I am looking for smart meters to put in place and integrate into Homey.

Will me watching this thread.
Thank you all for the time and effort spent so far.

Regards
Alex

Pixel,

Any update on this? Latest Github update on the Qubino app is 26st aug

Nope, I will try to shoot an email and ask

Got a reply but nothing new yetā€¦

Iā€™ve the same problem with smart meter 1 phase

Iā€™ve contact the qubino support and the solution is update the firmware, but for this operation i necessary buy usb dongle. And for me is not convinience.
Iā€™ve try with raspberry and razberry, but donā€™t
Work.

Any other solution?

Updating the firmware is not the solution. I did that and the values of the meter still doesnā€™t update automatically it only updates when restarting the app. I contacted Qubino and with the new firmware they are able to read and update all values correctly. This is an Athom issue.

1 Like

I had some contact with Qubino:

Hello Harm,
ā€‹
I just speak with the responsible for the integration and he told me that they will have the meeting about this next week. Since they have a proposal on this mater.

p.s.: According to the preventive measures that our country had to take, the access to our test lab has been limited. For this reason all the tickets that require verification on the gateways and the tickets that require testing will probably get delayed. We ask for your understanding and thank you for the patience.

Best regards,
Igor, Technical support

I will keep you posted if I have some more information.

2 Likes

Following and waiting for a fix. I got 12x 3-phase meters and love to have them working with my homey! Nobody got a developer version ready?

Thank you for the replay. we wait for the support to answer us

Hi everyone!

Iā€™m glad that there are others trying to get the 3-phase smart meter to work.

Iā€™ve three myself and these are my experiences.

• Iā€™ve used this branch (even tried to merge latest version to it) on my Homey, but it didnā€™t work well at all. As mentioned in this thread, it works for a while, but then values stops to update.
  • I contacted Qubino and they sent me the latest firmware (as of feb 2020). I updated my smart meters, but it had no effect on the ā€œvalues stops sendingā€-bug
  • So I gave up on Homey and tried Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi. After a lot of experimenting I got it to work. But the solution was to let Home Assistant pull for values, rather than counting on the smart meter to send values. In other words, just as with Homey the values stopped being sent/updated after a while. I tried to analyze the logs of Home Assistant to see if values were sent, but couldnā€™t be received due to perhaps malformed Z-Wave messages or somethings like that. But I simply didnā€™t have the time (or knowledge) to go to the bottom of the problem.

So my conclusion is that you cannot trust that the Qubino will send values. That could explain why it works after the app is restarted. Perhaps the app asks (pulls) for values when it starts up?

Iā€™ve waited years and honestly I regret that I bought the Qubino smart meters. At the same time there isnā€™t so many alternatives. But in hindsight, knowing how bad it works, I couldā€™ve kept my old fashioned meters (which I had before).

According to this Swedish reseller, itā€™s only working with Z-Way: m.nu. Maybe itā€™s because Z-Way has implemented a ā€œpullā€-feature rather than counting on values being sent from the smart meter? Maybe someone knows?

Anyway, the only devices Iā€™ve from Qubino are the smart meters, so I would love testing the app. Maybe I will have better luck this time.

I can say, this 3 phase energy meter working fine with Fibaro HC2 (In m.nu site described partial compatibility is described as -Unable to control external contactor.-
If this feature is important to anybody, then yes, it is partially supported, but, in energy measurement it is fully compatible.

1 Like

@Tundel Thanks for lettings us know! I did some tests with my Fibaro HCL and had problems with values updating from one of the meters. I cannot remember if this was before or after firmware update of the meters. Maybe I should try it out again.

1 Like

Hello Harm,

Any news about Qubino ?

Thanks

iā€™ve solve it with Qubino firmware update. iā€™ve single phase meter.
you send a ticket at qubino support and it send you the firmware update.
Now the value is Ok and work fine.

Nope. Still nothing

Maybe it will help, I have downloaded the Qubino app archive from GitHub GitHub - athombv/com.qubino at archive/feature/ZMNHXD and I modify the file driver.compose.json, adding the line : ā€œincludeSecureā€: false, in this sequence :
},
ā€œzwaveā€: {
ā€œmanufacturerIdā€: 345,
ā€œproductTypeIdā€: 7,
ā€œproductIdā€: 84,
ā€œassociationGroupsā€: [
],
ā€œincludeSecureā€: false,
ā€œlearnmodeā€: {

Itā€™s look like the smart meter does not work correctly with secure z-wave protocol. Without secure mode, informations up correctly to homey.

I did the same thing. I restart the app every day at 23:57 so the values update. That is enough for me to calculate the amount of energy used.

Hi Manuel, Iā€™m a bit new to Homey, and just purchased a 3 Phase Smart Meter zmnhxd1, and was wondering how can I add the code to Homeyā€™s apps, could you please guide me through it? Thanks and much appreciated.

1 Like