Raw configuration parameters, z-wave raw in flow card and Volume control Doorbell 6

Just for the other people, the sound (and volume) aren’t based on a parameter(s) (though that would have made it a lot easier to implement in the app…), but is done by setting the alarm module in a certain mode which is a seperate command class.
I have not put a lot of time into it as I don’t have the device myself yet, but I do want it, so I might look into it in soon what needs to be send to the alarm module.

1 Like

Alright, I’ve done some research (and received mine too!) and looking at what you wanted to send is pretty much right, the only thing I do want to know is, did you want to change the volume and tone of the 2nd doorbell button? as that is what you were trying to do now.

WARNING: This will only work if your Siren/Doorbell is connected to Homey unsecure
You can achieve this by activating the inclusion by selecting a device that forces unsecure inclusion, like all Walli devices of the Fibaro app, currently there are no forced inclusions in the Aeotec app, as most devices have the option to include unsecure from the device itself, though not the case for the Siren/Doorbell unfortunately.

All the commands are send via the flow card “Send Raw Command” of the “Z-Wave” device/app.
Where you’ll enter the ID of the device (if you don’t know the Node ID, you can find it in the Advanced Settings of your Alarm/Doorbell).

Or in case of some parameters (configuration), you can send them via the “Advanced Settings” => “Raw Configuration Parameters”

Raw Commands for setting tones and volume:
This example will change doorbell 1’s volume (50%) and tone (10 - Fire Alarm (High)):
0x60, 0x0D, 0x00, 0x03, 0x79, 0x05, 0x32, 0x0A

Just decimal numbers (or a combination of) is possible too, so you don’t have to mess with calculating hexadecimals:
0x60, 0x0D, 0x00, 3, 0x79, 0x05, 50, 10
Where the “3” is the Endpoint, “50” the Volume in percentage, and “10” the Tone Index

List of (destination) endpoints vs what they are and their default values:

• Endpoint 1: Browsing (100%, 6 - Chimes (Hearing Enhanced))
  • Endpoint 2: Tamper Alarm (100%, 17 - Alarm)
  • Endpoint 3: Doorbell Button 1 (100%, 1 - Ding Dong)
  • Endpoint 4: Doorbell Button 2 (100%, 3 - Traditional Apartment Buzzer)
  • Endpoint 5: Doorbell Button 3 (100%, 5 - Westminster Chimes)
  • Endpoint 6: Environment Alarm (100%, 9 - Smoke Alarm (Low))
  • Endpoint 7: Security Alarm (100%, 18 - Deep Alarm Tone)
  • Endpoint 8: Emergency Alarm (100%,11 - Fire Evacuation Buzzer)

Play Single Tone:
You can also just play any tone once with a simple command:
0x79, 0x08, 1
Where “1” is the tone you want to hear.
If you want to stop the tone before it finishes playing send a value of “0”.
As Aeotec uses an “old” version (v1) of the SOUND_SWITCH CC, unfortunately volume isn’t an option but the volume is relative to the volume of the main node/first endpoint which you can set with:
0x79, 0x05, 50, 1
where “50” is the volume you want, “1” the default Tone Index

Browsing Tones:
The “browsing” endpoint can also play tones when you set a mode, and the just turn on the on/off switch in the app. (for volume, see above)
Just a tip: don’t forget to set it back to default (mode: “0”).

You can configure the browse play mode with a parameter:
RAW flow card:
0x70, 0x04, 0x01, 0x04, 1, 2, 0, 0
Advanced Settings: RAW Configuration
0x01, 0x04, 1, 2, 0, 0

Where “1” is the light effect. (below is a overview of the default light effects and values to use)
and “2” is the mode:

• 0: 1 Tone, once; (Default)
  • 1: 1 Tone, loop;
  • 2: All tones once, chronological;
  • 3: All tones once, randomly;

The 1 tone modes’ tone can be selected by setting Endpoint 1, see above.

Start Button Pairing
You can also initiate the pairing of a button to an alarm (up to 3 buttons, they will overwrite!), by using this parameter:
RAW flow card:
0x70, 0x04, 0x31, 0x01, 1
Advanced Settings: RAW Configuration (don’t forget to remove after pairing)
0x31, 0x01, 1

Where “1” is the value for which button:

• Button 1: value 1
  • Button 2: value 2
  • Button 3: value 4

Default Light Effects:

• Light Effect 1: (Parameter 16, value: 1)
    • Dim Duration Up: 1500ms
    • Dim Duration Down: 500ms
    • On Duration: 2000ms
    • Off Duration: 300ms
  • Light Effect 2: (Parameter 17, value: 2)
    • Dim Duration Up: 1000ms
    • Dim Duration Down: 1000ms
    • On Duration: 0ms
  • Light Effect 3: (Parameter 18, value: 4)
    • Dim Duration Up: 0ms
    • Dim Duration Down: 660ms
    • On Duration: 100ms
  • Light Effect 4: (Parameter 19, value 8)
    • Dim Duration Up: 660ms
    • Dim Duration Down: 0ms
  • Light Effect 5: (Parameter 20, value 16)
    • Off Duration: 1000ms
  • Light Effect 6: (Parameter 21, value 32)
    • On Duration: 1000ms
    • Off Duration: 0ms
  • Light Effect 7: (Parameter 22, value 64)
    • Dim Duration Up: 660ms
    • Off Duration: 100ms

PS: No I will not add this all to the app, the app has recently (soon) been fully taken over by Aeotec itself, so it most likely this will come in the app, as it is still a lot of work to add all these things into the app, RAW data is the easiest for now.
If you do want to know something more, feel free to ask, then I might add it into this, or just explain it separately.

4 Likes

First, thanks for great research and great descriptions on the use of raw commands! But, Im not able to reproduce it. Hope you are able to guide me where I making the error.

(As for your question. I have two buttons and both need to be configured.)

Im adding the flow card:

Then I run it by pressing “Test” in https://flow.homey.app/, it is sendt to my doorbell (node 40 in my network) but nothing happens apart from this log entry.

For other logged entries to Node[40] they seem to have COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY commands sent prior to the operational commands.

Did you add the device without security? How, if so? Or, what is my misunderstanding?

That flow card should also send the command secure if the device is included secure, so that shouldn’t matter.
But I did include mine unsecure by selecting a device that by default already forces inclusion of unsecure (in my case the Fibaro Walli socket).
Let me try it when included secure.

seems like you are correct that it doesn’t work when included secure :thinking: then it won’t be possible when the doorbell/alarm is included secure, as taking care of the secure part is impossible to do manually, i’ll add this to the main response.

If I may trail of topic a bit: How did you include it unsecure? By adding the Doorbell as a Fibaro Walli socket? You mean that instead of choosing Aeotec Doorbell 6? In the add device view?

Yes

Indeed, it will take over the force unsecure inclusion as that is done as the very first step of inclusion for z-wave, but then includes the right device, cause that is based on ID’s that are hard-coded in the device which is searched for in every (z-wave) app if it is actually supported.
It will show the inclusion steps (that of the socket), but you can just ignore those, and press either once, and if that doesn’t work rapidly 6x.

Steps of inclusion for z-wave (for Homey only):
Select Device -> Show reset step (selected device) -> Show inclusion step (selected device) -> See if forced unsecure inclusion needs to be used (selected device) -> Ask the device for it’s hard-coded ID’s -> Search if there are any apps that supports those ID’s -> Ask device for its Firmware, Command Classes and Versions -> Send any non default Configuration values (searched device) -> Complete Inclusion (searched device).

Just a “so you know”:
I noticed on the behaviour of the doorbell… if you turn off the volume (0%) completely of the doorbell button(s), it isn’t accounted anymore towards Homey as “the doorbell is pressed”, so that flow will not trigger anymore :smile: it will still nicely play the light effect though.

But any sound that plays triggers that flow though, which is kinda a shame, hopefully that will be fixed in the next update Aeotec is going to do.

Regarding include it unsecure by adding the Doorbell as a Fibaro Walli socket: Sweeet hack! :slight_smile: Worked like a charm. Note, as @Caseda said, press once for including, not three times as for the Walli.

Sending a raw command with a flow card works well with the device included unsecure. Note to a new reader, the raw command flow card is activated eg in the app at More -> Settings -> Experiments -> Power User ref @Martijn_Hoogenbosch post further up. Thanks @Caseda for a thorough description on alternate raw commands!

Thanks to @Caseda, @Martijn_Hoogenbosch, @JPe4619 and @Osorkon for helping me out! And also thanks to Aeotec Support for helping me out on building a suitable raw command.

4 Likes

Just got my Doorbell 6 here. And… after some testing/googling i ended up here as well. :confused:

Do anyone know if Athom is working to fully support the Doorbell 6?
Or should instead spend time and do your @Ragnar fancy hack (nice work, btw!)?

Because the default volume is so high and irritating…

Aeotec will soon taken over the app from Athom, but not sure when it will be fully put under their name and the app being updated. (they have already done a lot of adding to the current app, still under Athom’s name, though that isn’t in the app store, yet, if it will ever, it is more likely that it will get transfered first).

I have heard a little bird talk about that they wanted to update the doorbell 6 too, but have yet to see any signs of that.

So you could try asking Aeotec if they have an ETA.

Thanks alot for the info!

I actually did the hack. Worked like a charm! And thanks a lot for the time you spent helping Ragnar.
It sure helped me as well. Now i can actually use it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your welcome.
That is also why I took the time to make it more easy to understand, I knew more people were looking for this.

3 Likes

Just for info: Yesterday a new test version v2.3.0 of the Aeotec App was released. Unfortunately the information about the changes is very general “Added support for various devices and improved existing drivers”.

Thanks @DirkG!
V2.3 unfortunately doesn’t include any changes to the doorbell 6, and the code isn’t online (neither on Athom’s github), so can’t tell you what has changed either to other devices, if it is all “pending” changes on Athom’s github from aeotec, then it is a pretty long list:

Add support:
TriSensor (ZWA005)
Recessed Door Sensor 7 (ZW187)
Nano Shutter Firmware V2.0 (ZW141V2)
Temperature and Humidity Sensor (ZWA009)
LED Bulb 6 Multi-White (ZWA001)
NanoMote Quad (ZWA003)
Water Sensor 7 Pro (ZWA019)
Nano Shutter Firmware V3.0 (ZW141V3)
Door Window Sensor 7 Pro (ZWA012)
Indoor Siren 6

Updated capabilities:
Door Window Sensor 7 (ZW008)

Updated settings/parameters:
Dual Nano Switch (ZW132)
Nano Dimmer (ZW111)
Nano Switch (ZW116)

2 Likes

Aeotec App it’s a little bit OT… :shushing_face:

Just some more infos:
Temperature and Humidity Sensor (ZWA009)
Water Sensor 7 Pro (ZWA019)
Door Window Sensor 7 Pro (ZWA012)

These devices are currently still in test phase and are not yet available.
A novum at Athom: Devices are already supported which are not yet available. :wink:

With the “Door Window Sensor 7 (ZW008)” I did not noticed anything. Still missing is the tilt function.
Edit: See post no. 41.

Is there any way to get this update sooner or are we suppose to wait?

Because i want my trisensor to work with homey.

You can find the test version here, do remember it is a test version.

1 Like

@Caseda Thank you very much for the link :grinning:.

Is it possible to acces more of these test versions of other apps for example?