I’m looking for a solution that can tell me if someone is in a room (aka occupancy). This seems to be very difficult.
You can find plenty of motion sensors such as Fibaro motion sensor, neo coolcam, aqara, … and they do work to some extend : detect if someone enters a room and turn the on light for example
The problem is that those sensors do only detect large movements. When you sit at a table or in a sofa but don’t make large movements, those motion sensors won’t be triggered.
I have been looking at several solutions such as:
- X4M300 Sensor : detects someone breathing in a room, but is an expensive sensor and I don’t know how to integrate it with Homey, Home Assistant or any other domotic platform (https://shop.xethru.com/x4m300)
- combination of motion sensors, but zigbee/z-wave/wifi sensors do only seem to focus on larger movements
- using mobile phones, bluetooth tokens, detect someone via wifi, but all those solutions requires that you carry something with you
- wasp principle: but need the right sensors
I still have one solution I would like to test:
- adding aqara vibration sensors at some strategic places (under a table or sofa) which I think could work fine in tandem with motion sensors. The idea behind this is that the aqara sensors will detect very small vibration when someone sits at a table or in the sofa.
Can anyone help finding a good solution?
Some interesting info: