Ring Doorbell V2

Ok… by writing everything, the message will be unsupported granttype.

Hi! So, according to the this source i found:

I don’t know how official and good this source is, but is was a quick find.

You can set a location based armHome, armAway, Disarm etc.

Would this be possible to implement? What I basically want to do is:

Door locks - go to armed mode = start recording motion based events.

Door unlocks - go to disarmed mode = stop recording motion based events.

The behavior in the ring app it self works based on how I configure the different modes. But I still need to activate them in the app. I want this to be triggered by a flow instead.

1 Like

good find, i am sure we could implement that. but i am short on time. but if i ever get enough time to get to the point to pick up the coding again ill give it a look

3 Likes

That would be ultra awesome! I am sure many others will also love this feature.

BTW, By the looks of it, In my setup, it seems as the snapshot get instantly enabled and works when you are in “away mode” / “armed”. When going to disarmed the snapshop is blurred in the ring app, and it instantly stopps working with homey.

Interesting… I’m going to test this!

No success here with arming through the Ring app… Still the same snapshot everytime you press the doorbell. What device are you using @OddiS?

I use battery ones, there is a snapshot option in both of them, 60mins, 15 mins and 5 mins, but if you have wired cameras it might work different? Since it limits battery ones to not drain battery life?

i have it hardwired, a ring 2. i do not get regular snapshots in any mode

1 Like

Still getting the unsupported grant type- error with Homey . Ring- plugin on Homebridge seems to work fine, which maybe indicates there is nothing wrong with my Ring account.

The ring door view cam isn’t supported by this app or is it?
Thank you.

Hi there, I can’t for the life of me get this working? It worked the first day installed but now all I get is this error? I’ve uninstalled, reinstalled. Logged in, logged out, down the 2FA etc
What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?
It’s a Ring Video Doorbell 2, hardwired to power, device works fine in the Ring IOS app

I sometimes get this message too. What works for me is removing ‘a’ ring device. I mostly use the chime because it doesn’t have any flows attached to it. Removing and readding then requires me to reauthenticate. Then it works again for a while.

Hi Mate, i’ve tried all of that, literally pulling my hair out on this, i just don’t understand - surely it shouldnt be this hard. Im fairly new to Homey but I’m pretty switched on with this stuff and this is just driving me crazy!

Ye well, Ring changes their api every now and then. They don’t communicate ths, so don’t expect it to be rock stable. Even though it should just work since it is running stable for a while now. Unfortunately don’t think anyone can help. Just to be sure, you are sure the 2FA works for you? So removed everything. Add the app, add device, and then you get a 2FA message?

sorry, seems like something that works different for some. i am still extremely short on time so its way down on my list to pick it up.

Thanks mate - all good, I guess i’ll just have to wait and see if it starts working again at some point. Appreciate your quick response!

In homey i get the following error:

Error: You need to authenticate this app from the add device wizard

I can’t add the homey app In the device wizard ?
What to do?

when you installed the app, then use the device wizard to add a device, at that time it should ask for the athentication. next device should not ask for the athentication from then on.

When adding a device i can’t choose homey, see picture: